Designer, Store (2 positions)Apply now
This position will work as a member of the store design team and be responsible for the execution of the brand approved store design and fixture programs. This position will collaborate with design peers, construction, real estate, facilities, procurement, operations, architectural vendors and other suppliers to execute retail store development projects, for company and authorized dealer locations. Typical scopes of work includes store floor plan layouts, fixture design, exterior signage, brand integration/reinforcement, lighting design, queuing system, store layout design evolution, and interior concepts that transform and improve the brand image and customer experience. The Store Designer will partner with the Design team and T-Mobile’s approved suppliers to provide feedback, improving the quality and consistency of work and may assist in the development of fixtures, finishes, and strategic direction for the retail environment.
- Execute the design strategy for corporate store and authorized dealer stores.
- Provide clear and timely communication of design decisions and changes to key stakeholders. Identify exceptions, propose design solutions and resolve issues with key party members.
- Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from cross-functional teams
- Develops design documentation to support design intent per regional guidelines including schematic drawings and finish palettes
- Explores and monitors evolving/developing concepts, trends in retail design and other related industries that focus on physical expression of brand strategy, design-centered customer satisfaction and sales improvement, and maintains knowledge of best practices.
- Communicate verbally, in writing, through drawings/sketches, PowerPoint slide decks and presentations
- Balance design with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments
- Ability to translate design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations
- Experience in the production of design development and construction drawings (2-5 yrs)
- Production level competencies required for computer drafting and 3D modeling in Autocad, Sketchup, and Adobe Creative Suite. (3-5 years)
- Experience working in retail, hospitality or restaurant design or interior/architectural organization
- Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and work independently with limited supervision on individual project deliverables.
- Highly organized and flexible with ability to take initiative, multitask, and prioritize projects
We even do benefits differently.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
It's all about you
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
Sweet company discounts
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
Help with the fam
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?Apply now
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“Best Place to Work”
Former High Volume Retail Store Manager in Shaker Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
Incredible leadership and fun environment with incentive to exceed performance goals. Outstanding benefits and a true team/family atmosphere. Truly an amazing company to start or continue your career with.
Advancement sometimes does not hinge on skill set or performance. TO be honest, this is a pain point of working with in telecom. Growing your career a lot of times comes down to "who you know"
Advice to Management
Nurture your loyal and consistent performers. Far too many times I've seen great talent(myself included) walk away for a greater role that could have been a win win for both parties had you chose to promote from within.
“Amazing Company to work for!!!!!”
Current Retail Associate Manager in Hartford, CT
Vibrant and innovative company constantly improving and heading up in the Game.
It's really hard for a Top Sales associate to move higher in the company as they make the same as Assistant Managers.
Advice to Management
Make the hiring process easy and eliminate multiple interviews. Assessment can be a bit shorter for the Job application. Increase Retail Associate Manager Base salaries. They basically run the show and does everything in the store. Managers overlook them but their pay is much more then the assistant managers. Some of the sales associates makes as much as Retail Associate managers. Which prevents top Sales associate to make a move to get into management.
"Best employer that I have ever worked for.”
Current Retail Sales Associate in Fayetteville, GA
T-Mobile legitimately cares about its employees and listens as well. When something isn't right or the employees have an opinion the company always takes appropriate action.
Nothing at this time, but I haven't been employed for that long. Should something change, I'll update my review.
Advice to Management
Keep up the amazing job!
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.