TThe Managing Attorney, Contracts & Operations is a critical leader in T-Mobile’s Legal Affairs department providing legal support and guidance to T-Mobile’s award-winning Customer Care organization. This senior level attorney will lead an experienced team of legal professionals dedicated to advancing T-Mobile’s Un-carrier promise through responsible sourcing practices and practical legal advice concerning operations. You will work on a broad array of initiatives across one of the largest frontline organizations in the company, including legal support for global call center sourcing and operations, telesales sourcing and operations, contract negotiations and sourcing for frontline systems and technology, identifying and resolving privacy and security issues, supporting digital services, and participating in the development of organizational best practices. Because best-in-class customer service is at the core of the Un-carrier promise, you and your team will work cross-functionally with a wide range of departments, including procurement, government affairs, compliance, product and technology, finance, and more. You will develop and maintain strategic business relationships, while working closely with senior business leaders across the company to resolve customer pain points, mitigate risks to the business, and ensure large scale operations are in alignment with legal and regulatory obligations.
T-Mobile has consistently been recognized as a Best Place to Work thanks to our crew of diverse, multi-talented self-starters who are ready to go go go… And T-Mobile is recognized as a best place to work for LGBTQ employee by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index five years in a row. A designated Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly for eleven years running. And with a 100% score on the Disability Equality Index, our diversity across gender, race and ideas drives us forward.
What you’ll do in your role.
- Foster strong working relationships with senior business executives and their business units across a large organization to balance business goals and strategies with legal risks and considerations.
- Lead and manage an experienced, high performing team responsible for sourcing, and support business clients in negotiating deliverables, services scope, warranty, and other commercial terms.
- Review, draft, negotiate and close commercial contracts, including master services agreements, statements of work, licenses, RFP responses and supporting documents across the Customer Care organization.
- Mitigate financial and legal exposure by negotiating favorable terms related to large ongoing operational transactions, implementing processes that resolve disputes early and favorably, and finding cost savings and recovery opportunities.
- Manage a team budget, including management of outside counsel spend, as well as other internal and external legal resources.
- Provide guidance and counsel regarding state and federal consumer protection issues, including, but not limited to, TCPA, UDAAP, Truth-In-Billing, telemarketing laws, privacy laws (e.g., PCI, CPNI, PII), and wireless industry consumer practices and industry and corporate commitments and trends.
- Advise internal clients, including senior executives, on key legal, regulatory and business risks.
- Proactively identify areas of risk within the business units supported and develop strategies that mitigate or eliminate such risks, including through implementation of appropriate policies and best practices.
- Master an understanding of the company’s current product offerings, operational systems and services.
The experience you’ll bring.
- 10+ years of experience practicing in a combination of firm and inside counsel positions, in a senior leadership role preferably of a technology company.
- Managerial experience as an inspirational leader that has developed and maintained high functioning teams.
- An understanding of the wireless industry and key consumer protection and risk management strategies involved in a consumer business.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, lead strategically and advance innovative solutions.
- Exceptional business and legal acumen; ability to identify and diagnose legal problems and articulate creative and practical solutions and alternatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer-oriented interpersonal skills, including experience in client development.
- Transactional experience and knowledge, including strong drafting and negotiating skills, as well as experience with strategic sourcing agreements.
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school. Admission to a state bar.
Enough about what you’ve done. Let’s talk about who you are.
- You’re a leader with a strong executive presence and business acumen.
- You embrace and value diversity.
- You’re passionate about serving customers and clients, with a frontline and team first mentality.
- You’re an inspirational manager that has the ability to build a strong team and network across a large organization that is experiencing rapid growth and development.
- You welcome challenges and issues of first impression and can manage through ambiguity and gray areas.
- You partner with the business to identify creative solutions aimed at improving customer satisfaction and retention, resulting in increased revenue and savings to the business, while managing legal risks.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, excellent business judgment and a proven ability to excel working with multiple clients in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re detail oriented and motivated to obtain a deep and broad knowledge of the wireless industry.
- You can deliver against multiple priorities simultaneously.
- You’re proactive and thrive in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation.
- JD from accredited University
- Ability to pass background check
- Legally authorized to work in the US
T-Mobile’s benefits include comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, paid parental leave, Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance, childcare subsidy/back up childcare, tuition assistance, flexible scheduling, mobile service discount and charitable giving match.