Sr Data ScientistApply now
This role offers analytically-minded candidates the opportunity to be part of one of T-Mobile’s fastest-growing divisions—T-Mobile For Business—and create real impact. As Sr. Data Scientist, you will partner with both functional and technical teams and outside partners to collaborate, test hypotheses, build proofs of concept, and turn data into information. You will use various tools such as R, python, AzureML and PowerBI to explore data, build and evaluate models, and visualize the results to tell the story to your business partners. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Analytics.
The Senior Data Scientist is a knowledgeable leader who is passionate about data modeling, forecasting, optimization, and possesses a strong vision of how data science and engineering can create value for our customers and for the company. To be successful in this role, you will need inherent curiosity and the ability to think cross-functionally. You should be able to dissect complex problems, utilize facts/data to derive conclusions, and deliver clear recommendations through storytelling. Examples of work include forecasting product and sales performance, identifying key drives of performance and customer adoption, estimating market penetration, evaluating business cases for new initiatives, and identifying and understanding impacts of macro trends.
What you'll do in your role.
- Perform ad hoc data mining, exploration, and statistical analyses on complex business problems
- Drive the process of getting from problem statement to recommendation: break down problem and develop analysis framework; identify, procure, and explore relevant data; construct models as appropriate to analyze data and derive insights
- Create executive-level presentations and present complex analytical findings in a clear, concise and decision-impacting manner through effective visualizations and storytelling
- Lead the implementation, assessment, and standardization of toolkits for data science, insight management, and visualizations
- Research and work with Data Engineering and Platform Architecture teams to implement new and emerging technologies that will facilitate better data integrity, reliability, and enrichment for quantitative solutions
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with partner teams in a collaborative team environment
- Coach and mentor analysts on the team
The experience you'll bring.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline and 5 years of data science/business analytics experience
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts, data modelling techniques and tools
- Extensive experience in data acquisition and manipulation/massaging/munging from transactional systems, data warehouses, and various third-party sources (e.g., web, Google, US Census, D&B, etc.)
- High level of statistical modeling proficiency and proven experience in data analysis
- Proficient in data visualization for effective communication
- Excellent storytelling and communication skills—written and oral—with good executive-level presence
- Good business acumen with broad exposure to multiple functional areas
- Talent for multi-tasking, prioritizing objectives, and meeting deadlines
- Master’s degree with quantitative concentration (Computer/Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Analytic Finance) required
Req ID: 145260BR
Department: Business Sales
Travel Required: No
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Other Available locations.
San Francisco, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Overland Park, KS
Salt Lake City, UT
Colorado Springs, CO
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.