Sr Manager, Social MediaApply now
What you'll do in your role.
- Is subject matter expert on suite of executive voices, their lines of business, community and target audiences in order to manage relevant and authentic social media content
- Drives company initiatives via owned communications vehicles
- Builds and maintains successful executive relationships to help influence long-term communication strategy
- Understands business goals and facilitates understanding of broader organizational tenets and strategic goals for department
- Provides guidance and expert advice on alignment of executive social strategy into the broad executive suite, brand and marketing social strategies based on learnings and data analysis
- Recognizes that both social media and executives are 24/7 and is eager to support at any moment
- Shares thoughtful insights and feedback based on executive relationships and goals that help develop and manage communications for internal and external audiences
- Consults and partners with cross-functional teams who are seeking ways to integrate social media within their programs; provide guidance, expert advice and a strategy that fits within overall social strategy.
- Produces content used on social platforms that aligns T-Mobile and executive voice guidelines and quality standards
- Responsible for leading editorial and campaign content development
- Tracks, monitors, reacts to and manages all social channels consistently & often
- Influences and helps define executive, voice, tone, styles guidelines, overall strategy and quality standards
- Develops new ways to create programs that meet executive and brand goals
- Understands how overarching editorial and campaign goals and objectives impact goals and accordingly influences work prioritization with internal team and external partners
- Helps to define goal measurement methodology that will determine campaign and individual executive editorial success
- Accountable for meeting/exceeding quarterly executive goals and targets
- Tests to new strategies, tactics, create new approaches to improve content performance effectively tweaks social strategy and content based on analytics
- Identifies, recommends and implement improvements that enhance the quality and efficiency of the work
- Responsible for budget, tracking and ensuring dollars are spent on highest-impact activities
- Is well equipped to influence paid social media strategy that protects and promotes T-Mobile's reputation.
- Manages and escalates issues in real-time, working cross-functionally to recommend response tactics to leaders
- Encourages team to think outside the box and drives unique thinking and creativity
- Stays current with social media, marketing and PR trends and incorporates into strategy
- Facilitates understanding of broader organizational tenets and goals for department
- Understands the need for resiliency and models it for staff
- Optimizes and improve processes
- Uses exemplary judgement in all aspects of role to become a trusted resource for leadership
- Understands what it requires to present to senior leadership and is responsive to feedback
- Is comfortable and confident in highly visible positions
- Showcases a level of integrity and humility
- Teaches others how to determine performance and set leadership bar
- Sets and balances goals across team to optimize performance against department goals and employee development
- Shares talent development best practices across organization
- Continuously builds network of talent inside and outside of company
- Provides regular coaching and gives feedback to direct reports to help develop talent and support career development
- Highlights work of staff to peers and leadership
The experience you'll bring.
- 5+ years social media experience with brand and awareness building focus
- 3+ years experience managing a team
- 4+ years social content development or content strategist role including client-facing experience, preferably with Fortune 500 clients
- 2+ years experience in executive reputation building / management
- 3+ years experience in one or more of the following: social media agency, digital agency or digital publishing.
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.