Director, Corporate Strategy & AnalysisApply now
The Corporate Strategy & Analysis (CS&A) team at T-Mobile have a reputation for getting stuff done. From Un-carrier moves to strategic growth plans and Lines of Business (LoB) strategies, CS&A drives problem solving, conducts strategic analysis and synthesizes and presents findings across the enterprise driving the most critical strategic initiatives across T-Mobile. The team sets the strategic direction of the company, leading high-profile special projects, and leading strategic M&A. The CS&A Director leads a team of senior managers, managers and business analysts, who formulate dynamic teams – often cross-functional – that are constructed against each initiative.
What you'll do in your role.
- Conduct high level creative thinking and strategic visioning.
- Structure problems, develop analytical approach to solve the problems, lead efforts to drive both qualitative and quantitative insights and synthesize findings into actionable recommendations.
- Communicate findings to senior executives and influence the enterprise to act appropriately to capture the value in such findings.
- Lead efforts to analyze and build financial/economic models to develop strategic insights and evaluate business problems as well as validate modeling conducted by others in CS&A and in other departments.
- Build relationships both within CS&A as well as around the broader T-Mobile organization.
The experience you'll bring.
- 5+ years management experience in Corporate Strategy and/or a minimum of 3 years in management consulting with one of the top management consulting firms.
- Experience working in subscription based, consumer or technology business preferred.
- Advanced financial modeling skills, data modeling skills or advanced process analysis and design experience.
- Ability to direct and manage highly skilled financial and data modelers, including the ability to perform model quality control and triangulation of modeling assumptions.
- Ability to cause stakeholders to take ownership of insights and then assist those owners, often as the primary program director, in driving execution of appropriate actions across all departments of T-Mobile.
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Strategy or Marketing preferred; Bachelor’s degree required.
Enough about what you’ve done. Let’s talk about who you are.
- An inspirational leader who has the ability to build a strong network across an organization that is experiencing rapid growth
- Confident in interacting with and influencing senior leaders; ability to analyze data, synthesize and present results to senior executives
- Comfortable building and evolving productive relationships with stakeholders at key partner companies
- Smart and innovative; thinks outside the box
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high level comprehensive solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Resilient to change and thrives in a fast paced, ever evolving environment
- Ability to gather and drive requirements, and conceptually transfer requirements into solutions that drive revenue growth
- Strong decision-making skills, utilizing data to inform decisions and identify financial impact
- Credible with the Business
Req ID: 144598BR
Department: Corporate Strategy
Travel Required: No
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.