Director, Product Management - Consumer Device ExperienceApply now
Growth Beyond the Smartphone is a top priority for the New T-Mobile. As a key contributor to T-Mobile’s path to a simplistic and delightful experience for customers, we are seeking a Director, Product Management – Consumer Device Experience. While the #1 product that customers are buying from T-Mobile is our incredible network, the #2 product is the Device experience that customers get on the handset connected to our network. This leader’s mission is transcendent: offer the #1 device experience. This includes the Communications Suite: Commercial Messaging and Calling, Consumer Calling and Messaging Experience, Mobile Device Unlock, App Preloads, App Experiences, and all things related to the App Center of Excellence for T-Mobile. This role will be responsible for Product Management, Experience and Execution strategy. Balance is this leader’s mission: making strategic and operational decisions that balance the customer, technical and business needs to help maximize the overall opportunity on the Device Handset to deliver a balanced device experience. As our strategic conduit into both Apple and Google for app ecosystems, this Experience savant will also be delivering up to ~$1B+ in revenue opportunity for TMUS across their teams.
What you'll do in your role.
- Evangelize and provide strategic guidance to T-Mobile's executives and senior members of teams - anyone or anything touching Consumer Device Experience.
- This role will be responsible for the Consumer Device Experience product strategy, roadmap, and execution of all products sold by T-Mobile. Create, own, plan and manage the portfolio of high quality products & services through a lifecycle of envisioning/investing/innovating/sustaining/retiring. Define KPI’s and metrics to measure Product and technical performance
- Partner closely with Marketing, Engineering, Product & Technology, Corporate Strategy and vendors to enable device experiences on our handsets.
- Delivering a balanced device experience working externally with our partners at Top Tech companies, strategic vendors, start ups, and more. Internally, this leader will be working across TMUS with any and all groups that develop apps that are published to the App Stores to ensure there is consistency in the apps, and ensure we have an holistic strategy that is compliant with the rules of the App Store marketplaces.
- Build and lead a high-performing Product Management team approaching 50 members with effective succession planning
- Establish a solid pipeline of sticky Consumer Device Experience products.
- Actively monitor the customer and product experience to continuously improve products and services to make them more intuitive, seamless across channels and easy to use.
- Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered.
- Serve as a leading voice of the customer and act as a customer experience advocate in considering product design decisions impacting the customer and Frontline.
- Drive a culture of high cross-functional collaboration from beginning to end of the product development lifecycle.
- Effectively partner with Marketing and Engineering, with the goal of driving a high level of collaboration for greater output at higher quality.
- Work closely with enterprise groups serving as the liaison between Technology and the back-office functions to ensure products feasibility. Utilizing deep technical expertise, understand and translate vendors’ offerings into a high-level system architecture with valid technical call outs; quickly validate feasibility of products to Customer offerings.
- Ensure that product specifications meet high standards and business goals for quality before approval and launch.
- Develop, coach and inspire; create and foster career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company, product and personal objectives.
- Create clear and measurable goals and objectives for the team related to the creation and enhancement of timely, high-quality products, requirements change management, and partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Support senior leadership and the Technology organization in developing and improving product development, product management and project management practices.
The experience you'll bring.
- High caliber Consumer Product leader with 5-10 years' experience working with consumer apps and IoT Products. Advanced level understanding of customer experience.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience managing teams of 5 or more Manager level direct reports with skip level employees in Product Management organization
- Proven track record of driving innovation in the consumer services/products space. Experience leading with CX, UX and development teams.
- A customer fanatic, who sees things with a customer lens. Has produced simple solutions and top notch experiences for consumers.
- Ability to dive deep technically; understands system architecture, APIs, consumer apps strategy and platforms, and trending consumer technology products.
- Transformational leader – strong track record of changing and steering organizational culture including how teams operate and collaborate.
- An excellent leader or large teams, coach and mentor who has built and led high-performing marketing or product teams.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead both direct teams, and large cross-functional teams, toward a common goal.
- Strong Carrier/Wireless experience.
- Skilled in negotiation and partner management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
Enough about what you’ve done. Let’s talk about who you are.
- Strategic and visionary leader skilled in in recruiting, retaining and developing a dynamic, high-performing team
- Builds trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals; partners well and brings people along.
- Customer-obsessed; considers the impact on customers with every business decision.
- Challenges the status quo; smart and innovative; thinks outside the box.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Solid business acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
Req ID: 156202BR
Department: Emerging Products
Travel Required: Yes
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Other Available locations.
Kansas City, Dallas, Atlanta
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.