Manager, Systems Architecture EngApply now
As a part of T-Mobile Core Voice and Data Network technology team, the Systems Architecture Manager will manage a team that design, develop, validate, integrate and support IP Multi-Media Services for T-Mobile customers.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
What you'll do in your role.
- Links business goals to everyday actions and priorities.
- Coaches and develops team members for long term growth
- Provides input for departmental budgets and work to manage operational and capital expenses to meet budget.
- Technology and System
- Recommends new technology directions in collaboration with design and architecture teams.
- Plans for and ensures that management and development staff have tools/skills required to perform job functions.
- Manages intra-carrier and inter-carrier interoperability of next-gen voice, video, messaging and more IP Multimedia Services that T-Mobile offers to its customers.
- Continually reviews opportunities, creates and maintains business cases for cost savings initiatives like consolidating switch offices and enhancing returns on investment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry best practices, and a deep understanding how real-time services are delivered over wireless and wireline IP data networks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of inter-carrier domestic and international roaming services.
- Project/Program Management
- Works with peer and upper management to understand/define project and business priorities; schedule work with development staff based on those priorities.
- Constantly improves the processes, tools and methodologies used in the design, development, validations and integration cycles.
- Delivers high quality products and services on time and within budget.
- Relationship and People Management
- Oversees technical relationships with multiple vendors and competing carriers, including driving features and function requests for inclusion in future product releases.
- Effectively manages team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback and coaching, and conducting performance reviews and conversations.
- Interviews and hires qualified individually contributing team members, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength; and augmenting product or project teams with contract staff when required.
- Supports team in creating training and career development plans and ensures assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to staff.
- Provides coaching and direction to the team that drives action and enables achievement of performance and operational goals.
- Also responsible for other duties/projects as assigned by business management as needed.
The experience you'll bring.
- 10+ years of overall wireless and wireline telecom industry experience as a service provider and/or equipment vendor.
- 5-7 years’ experience of developing and/or operating wireless telecom technology services.
- Management experience with design, validation and integration staff is a plus
Req ID: 110916BR
Travel Required: No
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Other Available locations.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.