2019 TechX Professional - EngineeringApply now
Are you interested in working on the cutting edge of technology? Do you want to bring your new ideas and perspectives to the workplace while gaining experience in a variety of roles? Are you innovative, customer-focused, and interested in becoming part of the Un-carrier? If you answered yes, our TechX Professional Rotation Program is for you!
Our program is a full-time, 18-month rotational experience for upcoming graduates (May/June 2019). It is open to undergraduate students who will be completing a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Management Systems, Information Technology, or related field. As a participant, you will work with teams across our Technology organization and will experience three rotations, each being 6 months in duration. Your first two rotations will be pre-determined and the third rotation will be crafted by you, with a goal of developing additional skills in your area of interest. The 2019 program begins in June and will be based in one of six locations: Atlanta, Seattle, Chicago, Dallas, Concord and Parsippany. Relocation is provided for those who are eligible.
What you'll do in your role.
During your rotations you will partner with Senior Engineers to ensure that all new products and services are deployed successfully and ensure the best network performance for customers. You will have the opportunity to learn about network planning and performance, work with our partners to provide network solutions, analyze new technologies, and perform network performance feasibility testing. You will have an opportunity to learn about a wide variety of technologies and applications under the mentorship of the industry’s top engineers. We are looking for candidates who are innovative, customer focused, and interested in becoming part of the Un-carrier.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, unstructured data manipulation, and network virtualization solutions. Experience with development tools used for programming and data analysis.
- Participate in large engineering projects; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations.
- Work with team to design and develop applications to validate, enhance, and optimize network architecture.
- Perform validation tests and inspection techniques and documents results.
- Collaborates with technical and non-technical teams to deliver solutions. Ability to offer and communicate ideas and opinions.
- Ability to learn technologies being used and awareness of technology roadmap, architecture, design strategies and standards.
- Participate in vendor calls regarding software defects, enhancement requests on applications, and other issues.
- Provide network design documents as required for new systems and features deployment.
- Support internal analysis by documenting options and impacts via research and definition of technical requirements.
The experience you'll bring.
- Upcoming graduates (May/June 2019) with a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Management Systems, Information Technology or related field
- Available to travel up to 15% for training and program activities
- Authorization to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship
- Willingness to complete 18-month rotational program
Check your commute.
Other Available locations.
Concord CA, Parsippany NJ, Atlanta GA, Downers Grove IL, Dallas TX, Richardson TX, Frisco TX
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.