Sr Manager, Systems Architecture EngApply now
This is a technical management position which leads the application services team driving requirements and standards supporting our business objectives and future technology launches. They will work with internal and external partners in developing new applications and services driving our UnCarrier message. This position manages professional staff that are responsible for T-Mobile’s application service evolution, requirements, industry standards, and strategy. They develop engineering objectives and operational plans for their functional areas and ensure engineering plans are aligned with business objectives.
What you'll do in your role.
- Lead a team of Technical Project Managers who are responsible for partnering with the business in defining out requirements, track where industry is moving, and managing application impact, deployment & performance.
- Organization/Vendor Contacts: Manages external partners driving new potential features, implementation/deployment and monitoring. Obtains quotes and negotiates purchase for vendor supplied SW/HW and system Define network and service impacts between engineering, IT, and other business teams.
- Provide executive management business cases after engaging in business wide/industry trials defining out potential opportunities. features per T-Mobile requirements.
- Financial/Fiscal Responsibility: Contributes to budget development and implementation, manages resources to ensure final financial objectives are met within own area. Prepares and presents business cases and feasibility analysis to directors and senior leadership team to gain approval of capital expenditures and allocate resources. Processes and tracks POs against quarterly/yearly forecast.
- System Design Development and Approval: Develop and Make final approval on application/network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment. Analyzes options and makes decisions to resolve complex issues.
- Development and Adherence to Engineering Best Practices: Ensures that Develop lab and FOA test plans for new major releases and key features are properly approved and executed within GMR standards. Works with Region or Market to ensure best practices (RF, Operations, Network) are spread across the organization
The experience you'll bring.
- Advanced leadership & management skills, including strategic thinking, self-awareness, and team focused.
- Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to build consensus across teams.
- Application development and deployment management experience
- Mastery of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies and concepts.
- Working knowledge of managerial accounting and statistical analysis.
- Mastery of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc.
- Strong demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
- Able to lead research and publication of technical papers.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office.
- Strong proficiency for organizational/team goal setting.
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
Req ID: 122354BR
Travel Required: No
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.