Group Project Manager, TechnicalApply now
Contributes to T-Mobile success by delivering and implementing multiple large and highly-complex new systems, projects, processes, and/or programs that improve
profitability, reduce costs, streamline operations, or enhance service to the business and customers. Collaborates effectively with cross-functional C-level business
and technology development leaders to solve problems and implement new solutions.
What you'll do in your role.
- Assembles key players on the project team and nurtures internal working relationships across the enterprise which fosters the development of cross functional teamwork. Delegates project responsibilities and task interfaces, directs, motivates and manages the project work and resources involved within the project. Ensures timely activity, integration and productivity of technical support and administers efficient use of resources to meet requirements with clear identification of task completion. Question ambiguous responsibilities and manage conflicts to an early resolution and escalation of any unresolved issues. Plays a support role with technical solutions ensuring all groups’ responsibilities are included, managing very closely with the technical leaders to ensure alignment.
- Manages Project Management functional scope and schedule. Provides oversight of management and allocation of personnel and resources to projects. Resolves resource conflicts and priorities.
- Is accountable for and directs others in creation of all project communications. Directs others in the facilitation of team and project meetings. Leads and develops definition and measurement of success metrics to objectively quantify project success. Ensures that project execution complies with approved methodology. Ensures that overall program in managed to strategic dates
- Identifies potential risks across a broad number of individual projects and programs and establishes communications and mitigations to address them. Communicates risks in clear business terms and technical terms and provides clear messaging and solution options at a senior leader and executive level in both planned and as hoc scenarios. Understands what is important to different stakeholders in the business and ensures that their interests are protected as well as the overall program objective through project planning and execution. Serves as a higher level escalation point for project issues. Works with Director and above level peers to resolve cross-functional project issues.
- Defines scopes of Programs. Incorporates strategic factors into Program/Project Scope and recommendations. Influences and manages the factors that create change and scope creep. Can manage and help others to understand the implications of change including legitimate scope shift.
- Leads cross-functional or multi-team effort in defining budget requirements for a project or program, providing thought leadership into initial financial estimates for the business case. Drives business case generation with finance and the business owner. Plans, identifies and documents the project quality standards. Sets stakeholder and project team expectations and ensures that the deliverables align to business needs. Maintains accountability for the quality of deliverables. Proactively anticipates and mitigates issues that could hinder the quality or timing of the project/program. Communicates any gaps in design and sets realistic expectations on deliverables. Follows through and closes all of the defined exceptions.
The experience you'll bring.
- Minimum 7+ years’ industry experience as a program or product manager within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex solutions, systems, or services.
- Experience across complex projects and areas of focus.
- Experience acting as a business leader that can interpret business goals and apply them.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership.
- Knowledge of new product development processes, go to market strategies, and product life cycle management.
- Awareness of general accounting practices, related to project management - including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable.
- Experience working in a technical industry.
- Experience working on projects in a wireless industry
- Master’s/Advanced Degree Desired
- Certifications in focused areas such as project management, agile methodologies, product lifecycle processes, or any related industry certifications are desired.
- May require up to 15% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to other T-Mobile technology centers
Req ID: 129081BR
Travel Required: No
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.