Engineer, Software (OneData/Big Data Team)Apply now
This is an opportunity to become part of the OneData Big Data Team, which is a Network Performance and Operations Platform for elements of the T-Mobile Wireless Network. This is also an opportunity to work with many open source big data technologies and build applications for data at scale, Hadoop, Impala, Kudu, Kafka, and Spark. Ability to build custom web reporting applications for data at scale and leverage internal BI tooling, Qlik Sense, Power BI and Tableau. Ability to build and enable machine learning, AI and streaming use cases. Work with the most talented Hadoop team in T-Mobile building all tooling in house.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
What you'll do in your role.
- Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time.
- Own product features from requirement review to production deployment.
- Model, design, develop, code, test, debug, document and deploy application to production through standard processes.
- Partner with other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions.
- Conduct design & code reviews in a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently develop a full software stack. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Interact with system engineers to define system requirement and/or necessary requirements for automation.
- Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by developing software solutions; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise base and associate level engineers as needed.
- Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which utilize new frameworks to improve an existing or new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing designs and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Understands the creation of company IPR.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Creates clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption and consideration at the manager level. Understands the protection of company IPR.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in-house workshops and learning sessions.
- Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology options that support business goals.
The experience you'll bring.
- Understanding of network monitoring systems, Architecture, Technologies and concepts.
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across various teams
- Experience with Cloudera Impala and Oracle DB operations and administration
- Experience working in a Unix, or Linux environment (Redhat)
- Experience with database optimization
- Experience developing with PERL, C++, Java, Python or equivalent programming language
- Experience with server and storage design for big data solutions
- Experience with big data technologies, Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Scoop, HBase, Kafka, Spark
- 2+ years IT/Technical engineering experience
- RF experience
- Experience with designing performance management applications
- Experience developing HTML5 web applications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- In lieu of a degree, experience within industry may be considered.
Req ID: 129367BR
Travel Required: Yes
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.