Manager, Software Development (Enterprise IP&Security Perf Solutions)Apply now
T-Mobile Enterprise IP & Security (EIS) plays a key role in guarding customer trust and enterprise-wide security. We collaborate with multiple functional areas and impact every element of our business: corporate, networks, retail, IT and others.
We are looking for a result-oriented Software Development manager to lead the EIS Performance Solutions group. You will mentor, coach and lead a team of developers, who will establish, build & maintain a solid operational platform for IP and security infrastructure. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of simplifying complexity with automation and is a passionate builder of talent and teams.
Your success will be measured on your ability to rapidly deliver solutions to our internal customers, primarily focused on network experience, performance monitoring and capacity management. We expect that developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the solution vision, technical architecture and delivery. This position will interface with developers, domain experts and managers working on multiple projects. You are expected to provide thought leadership and collaborate with Engineering & Operations teams, understand implications of work, drive consensus and recommendations for solutions.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
What you'll do in your role.
Technology and System
- Establish / evolve platforms, architectures and solutions to support Enterprise IP and Security functions. This includes performance monitoring, network experience, capacity forecasting and inventory management.
- Contributes to solution strategy, development and delivery in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders
- Works with SQL server suite, Power BI / Tableau and cloud BI solutions. Shares expertise in ETL, meta-data management and data quality. Collaborates with users and developers on the efficient use of visualization tools for self-service.
- Leads IP and Security analytics / automation proof of concepts.
- Monitors and measures work tasks to ensure deliverables are provided on time, high quality and within budget.
- Inspirational leadership: Fosters a culture of innovation, teamwork, accomplishment and excellence. Demonstrates integrity. Delivers feedback and develops team members and managers. Inspires employees to achieve business results. Uses leadership experiences to guide direct reports and team members. Have awareness of each person's career goals; hold development discussions; and provide challenging assignments to promote development.
- People Network: Identifies opportunities, takes action to build relationships and inclusive environments within one's team and across other teams, departments, or organizations to help achieve business goals. Leverages the capabilities, and ideas of others. Demonstrates trust.
- Strategic thinking: Translates broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action. Measures deliverables to determine success of goals, gain input from stakeholders, and adapting action plan as necessary
- Engagement & Motivation: Creates a trusted team environment where team members are engaged, anticipate customer’s need, strive to do their best and deliver results. Effectively motivates team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback / coaching, and enables achievement of performance and operational goals.
- Also responsible for other duties/projects as assigned by business management as needed.
The experience you'll bring.
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering environment or experience working in a highly technical role required.
- 1+ years’ experience managing a team of engineers (preferably, software engineers) in a team lead, supervisor or manager capacity required.
- Databases: Demonstrated skills in designing or developing solutions with SQL database backends (SQL, No SQL)
- Strong leadership & management skills, including strategic thinking, self-awareness, and empathy.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Solutioning experience: Identify and analyze business requirements from stakeholders, convert to technical requirements, evaluate benefit vs TCO, define and update solution approach.
- Understanding of IP networking topology, protocols, data flows, and how firewalls, load balancers, VPN, DNS systems operate.
- Experience with PowerBI, Tableau or similar solutions.
- Familiarity with ITIL, Agile software development methodologies, etc.
- Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or in a computer programming related field.
Req ID: 130681BR
Travel Required: Yes
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.