Sr Engineers, SoftwareApply now
T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital GSM/GPRS, UMTS, and LTE wireless voice and data technology standards. Senior Engineers, Software located in Parsippany, NJ will work closely with application architects to design software components focused on creating applications that leverage technologies for DevOps, microservices, and continuous deployment, and will transition services to the cloud computing environment.
What you'll do in your role.
- Serve as the lead developer for applications support for the T-Mobile network and customer service.
- Understand system protocols, systems operations, data flows, and stay abreast of current technology benefits.
- Independently develop a full software stack and understand the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work.
- Independently study the current technology and interact with system engineers to define system requirement and/or necessary requirements for automation.
- Drive engineering projects by developing software solutions, conducting tests and inspections, and preparing reports and calculations.
- Contribute to designs to implement new ideas including new frameworks to improve existing and new systems, processes, and services.
- Apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model and review designs and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete workload through industry perspectives.
- Maintain knowledge of existing technology documents and create clear documentation for new code and systems used.
- Document system designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption and consideration at the manager level.
- Ensure protection of company intellectual property.
- Collaborate with technical teams and utilize system expertise to deliver technical solutions.
- Contribute to new and existing technology options that support business goals and regularly interact with the Product Manager to ensure business needs are met.
- Ensure code developed meets organizational standards and perform testing of application code as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining the non-production environments.
The experience you'll bring.
Req ID: 138512BR
Travel Required: No
Position(s) remaining: 2
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.