2020 TechX Cyber Security InternshipApply now
Are you ready for a challenge that could launch your career? T-Mobile is revolutionizing the wireless industry for millions of customers nationwide. We’ve got an army of Working here means rolling up your sleeves and disrupting the status quo with a team that has your back every step of the way.
The TechX Internship program is a 9-month, part-time paid learning experience that begins in October 2020 for students currently enrolled in a full-time Undergraduate degree program, majoring in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Data Management, IT or another Technology-related field. You’ll work closely with your team, be paired with a mentor, and participate in projects alongside with some of the best senior technologists in the industry. For our eager explorers, you’ll also have the opportunity to rotate teams giving you exposure to a wide variety of technologies across our organization.
What you’ll do in your role.
Working as an Intern on our Cybersecurity Team means taking on responsibilities, projects, and critical issues that impact our business and customers in real-time. We’ll have Cybersecurity opportunities from monitoring system vulnerabilities, application development, network designing, data protection, reporting, and security infrastructure (just to name a few!).
You’ll contribute your creativity and great ideas, and you’ll be expected to be challenged to deliver complex cybersecurity solutions. We’ll give you hands-on projects and the chance to make an immediate impact. Here are some of the roles you could have as a Cybersecurity Intern with our Technology Team…
- Information Security Analyst
- Project Management
- Risk and Vulnerability Management
- Cyber Incident Response Management
- Cyber Engineering
What you'll do in your role.
- Apply your knowledge of critical security elements, threats, vulnerabilities, and safeguards
- Participate in creating, developing and managing high-level design architecture, security technologies, networking, web services; understanding of software-oriented architecture (SOA) and encryption, obfuscation, and tokenization technologies
- Engage as part of a team that provides security, compliance, and risk assessments on projects throughout their lifecycle, using varying SDLC methodologies
- Support information security review of new technologies, designs, and remediation planning efforts
- Investigate and identify security needs and recommend plans/resolutions; implement, test and monitor information security improvements
- Develop visibility inside and outside of info security, interfacing with groups such as billing ops, application support, engineering ops, finance, legal, privacy, risk management, etc.
- Support info security policy throughout lifecycle, including intake, creation, review, approval, implementation, publishing, communication and maintenance
- Participate in security projects driven by groups both internal and external to information security
- Resolve, report and present technical issues and solutions through problem-solving, teamwork, and effective communication skills to team and management
The experience you'll bring.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program majoring in Engineering or a related Technical field including: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Management Systems, and Information Technology
- Able to work 15 to 25 hours per week during regular daytime business hours (schedule will be flexible to accommodate classes and coursework)
- Ability to commute to T-Mobile’s offices in Bellevue, Bothell or Snoqualmie, WA
- Permanent authorization to work for any employer in the U.S.
Check your commute.
Other Available locations.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Current Network Engineering Intern in
This company loves and takes care of its employees. The intern program was super rewarding, with lots of fun events to balance out the tons of interesting and rewarding work experience. Fast paced, interesting challenges, great teams -- I'm very glad I landed here this summer.
Might be more autonomy than you're used to. Individual responsibility takes precedence here, over having everything micro-managed for you. I personally think that's a nice thing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.