2020 TechX Engineering InternshipApply now
Are you ready for a challenge that could launch your career? T-Mobile is revolutionizing the wireless industry for millions of customers nationwide. We’ve got an army of developers, project managers, engineers, and analysts all working like a well-oiled machine. This is teamwork at its best, with technical warriors bravely pushing the edges of the wireless frontier. Working here means rolling up your sleeves and disrupting the status quo with a team that has your back every step of the way.
Ready? Then you’re invited to be a TechX Intern with our Technology Team.
The TechX Internship program is a 9-month, part-time paid learning experience that begins in October 2020 for students currently enrolled in a full-time Undergraduate degree program, majoring in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Data Management, IT or another Technology-related field. You’ll work closely with your team, be paired with a mentor, and participate in projects alongside with some of the best senior technologists in the industry. For our eager explorers, you’ll also have the opportunity to rotate teams giving you exposure to a wide variety of technologies across our organization.
What you’ll do in your role.
Working as an Intern on our Engineering Team means taking on responsibilities, projects, and critical issues that impact our business and customers in real-time. We’ll have Engineering opportunities from network design, system performance, performance planning, device performance testing, radio access network evolution, and network support (just to name a few!).
You’ll contribute your creativity and great ideas, and you’ll be challenged to deliver complex engineering solutions. We’ll give you hands-on projects and the chance to make an immediate impact. Here are some of the roles you could have as an Engineering Intern with our Technology Team…
- System Design, Strategy
- System Architecture
- Software Development/Engineering
- RF Engineer
- Technical Support Engineer
What you'll do in your role.
- Drive ongoing improvements and efficiency in operational practices, tools and processes
- Familiarity in one or more programming languages (Java, C, C++, Python, etc.)
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to establish timelines and deliverables and ensure adherence to standards and overall alignment on new initiatives.
- Supports senior engineers on large projects and launches.
- Use your knowledge of programming to test new systems functionality.
- Participates in vendor calls for software defects and enhancement requests on many applications.
- Provide network design documents as required for new systems and features deployment.
- Support internal analysis by documenting options and impacts via research and definition of technical requirements.
- Resolve, report and present technical issues and solutions through problem-solving, teamwork, and effective communication skills to team and management
The experience you'll bring.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program majoring in Engineering or a related Technical field including: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Management Systems, and Information Technology
- Able to work 15 to 25 hours per week during regular daytime business hours (schedule will be flexible to accommodate classes and coursework)
- Ability to commute to T-Mobile’s offices in Bellevue, Bothell or Snoqualmie, WA
- Permanent authorization to work for any employer in the U.S.
Recruiting for the 2020 TechX program takes place between June and September. Candidate screening will begin in Spring. If we think you’re a good fit for one of our roles, we’ll contact you directly to discuss next steps. Interviews will start in Summer and all TechX roles will be filled by the end of Summer.
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Current Network Engineering Intern in
This company loves and takes care of its employees. The intern program was super rewarding, with lots of fun events to balance out the tons of interesting and rewarding work experience. Fast paced, interesting challenges, great teams -- I'm very glad I landed here this summer.
Might be more autonomy than you're used to. Individual responsibility takes precedence here, over having everything micro-managed for you. I personally think that's a nice thing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.