Engineer, Radio FrequencyApply now
What you'll do in your role.
- Performs advanced monitoring and review of radio network Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Participates in the development of inter and intra team processes for system performance. Serves as KPI subject matter expert in order to improve network performance. Monitors statistical network performance data. Collects, processes and reviews drive test data. Works with the operations team to troubleshoot site network problems. Reviews data to assist with determining cause of faulty equipment. Works with other RF Engineers to evaluate and resolve issues. Updates databases with resolution or actions taken.
- Performs coverage, capacity, and design related activities such as RFDS creation, review and approval, from scoping to construction RF support activities. Participates in developing internal process used for radio network design. Participates with federal, state and local jurisdictions to ensure regulatory and zoning compliance. Performs development, testing, and validation of RF feature plan proposals. Provides input in defining implementation guidelines for approved new features and technologies.
- Effectively applies RF principles to performance and optimization activities. Serves as subject matter expert on Ericsson GSM/UMTS/LTE/VoLTE and 5G technology theory.
- Supports engineering and technical staff. Provides engineering support to Sales / Customers by responding to customer and employee network related complaints. Provides input to management on tactical and strategic issues. Acts as developer and resource for market, regional, and national planning and performance tools (as applicable).
The experience you'll bring.
- Solid understanding of RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (UNIX, Oracle Database, Excel macros and SQL programming a plus)
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Strong MapInfo skills and other RF tools
- Must be self-motivated, able to work under pressure, and multitask
- Must be able to prioritize work schedule and workload
- 3-5 years of experience within the wireless industry troubleshooting, optimizing, and designing GSM/UMTS/LTE sites
- 2 years working in and around the radio frequency industry designing, optimizing, and troubleshooting Ericsson network issues
- 1-year experience with various drive test units
- 1-year previous experience with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) filings and zoning meetings
- 3 years Analyzing data and creating coverage solutions
- 1-year previous experience on Ericsson’s hardware configuration, performance and optimization
- Bachelor’s Degree. Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent technical degree
- In lieu of degree, equivalent experience within a technical telecommunications field may be considered
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.