Manager, Engineering DevelopmentApply now
If so, our Inland Northwest Site Development team is searching for a top performing leader to join us in taking the next big leap forward.
This Manager role will be responsible for all aspects of the site acquisition, zoning and construction processes to On- Air coupled with, primary responsibility to produce executed leases, entitlements and construction, all of which leads to getting new sites and modifications to On- Air status. Must be able to work and coordinate all development efforts with RF and Operations teams; team collaboration skills are essential. Responsible for meeting all development milestones necessary to achieve forecast goals. Expected to forecast all major development milestones and may negotiate competitive site acquisition and zoning vendor contracts in accordance with market conditions and will be responsible to manage quality of agents in the market. Also responsible for the training, feedback and development of the development team members.
What you'll do in your role.
- Manage and track production pertaining to cell site leasing, zoning, and construction
- Administer contracts and track purchase orders regarding zoning and leasing milestones
- Draft and implement development processes, management plans and contract deliverable schedules (baselines), operational troubleshooting and training
- Regularly directs the work of direct reports comprised of contractors and/or employees
- Exercises approval authority for all employees hired into the department
- Communicates and oversees cross functional and company wide initiatives
- Leads the implementation of policy or organization structure changes
- Determines headcount, skill sets and other resources needed to accomplish the mission of the department(s)
- Influences executives regarding strategy or and to achieve business objectives
- Coordinates and integrates staff activities and resources across functional teams to implement strategies
- Acts as a top management intermediary to communicate Company direction to employees in multiple functions.
The experience you'll bring.
- Knowledge of land use regulations and public agency decision-making process pertaining to wireless facilities
- Ability to negotiate cell site leases with any/all existing or potential landlords (e.g. public agencies, private corporations, private citizens and non-profit agencies)
- Principles and constraints of construction and how to strategically account for them
- Principles and practice in team building across various engineering disciplines (e.g. RF, Operations, Development and Property Management)
- Minimum five (5) years industry experience in development-related activity
- Minimum two (2) years leadership experience for both employees and contract personnel
Bachelors Degree. Technology preferred
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.