Technology Sourcing ManagerApply now
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
What you'll do in your role.
- Directs the procurement team to sustainable strategies for all vendors/categories that include spend analysis, market considerations, and strategic importance, etc. evaluates the current market conditions on a regular basis and makes any necessary changes to support the needs of the TMUS business. Locates, analyzes, and develops a consolidated strategic supplier base to support current and future business needs.
- Ensures that efficient methods are used (speed to market and cost) are implemented to maximize the value of technology and services.
- Drives and directs the development and negotiations of complex agreements with suppliers encompassing key program specifications and objectives.
- Represents single voice of T-Mobile for strategic suppliers/categories internally and externally; participates in innovation sessions and quarterly reviews for strategic suppliers. Fosters collaborative relationships with multiple business owners and strategic suppliers.
The experience you'll bring.
- 4-7 years’ experience in technology sourcing, an engineering role or similar role.
- Proven track record in developing a high-performing and self-empowered work teams and individuals with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Aptitude to delegate effectively is critical
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing business strategy; extensive business case writing, strong background in market intelligence research, and proficient in negotiation strategy and tactics
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly and concisely communicate information at multiple levels, adapting easily to change. Capable of effective executive management presentations / communications
- Advanced key procurement skills: Development / management of category strategies; RFP / RFI development, contract negotiations, strategic sourcing, management of supplier relationship lifecycle, understanding of risk mitigation principles, and understanding of various cost evaluation methods (TCO, ROI, Payback Period, etc.)
- Bachelors Degree. Business, Finance, Technology or Engineering or equivalent work experience
Master’s degree preferred Business, Finance, Technology or Engineering or equivalent work experience
License or Certification : CPM, CTPS or CCP
Check your commute.
Other Available locations.
Overland Park, KS
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.