Sr Project Manager, TechnicalApply now
Are you ready to join the Un-carrier and bring your leadership and collaboration skills to our Technology PMO?? We are looking for our next great Sr Project Manager who can drive business solutions into our network. Our PMO is at the cutting edge of industry-shaping technologies – projects and programs related to our extraordinary LTE network, Core infrastructure, Data Centers, Security, Retail … just to name a few! Our Operational Excellence team within the PMO is focused on ensuring at the National level, we design structure, policies, procedures and ensuring Regional consistency. At the Regional level, we deliver with field implementations and ensuring Market consistency.
You will be supporting T-Mobile’s success by delivering and implementing large and sophisticated new systems, projects, processes, and/or programs that improve profitability, reduce costs, streamline operations, and enhance service to the business and customers.
Collaboration within the Un-carrier is key – and you will be working with multi-functional business and technology teams to tackle problems and implement new solutions. We are looking for someone who can bring multiple projects together focusing on delivery of overarching goals and business objectives with the ability to speak to details catering to varying audiences up to and including executive levels. You will be the forward-thinking leader for the overall initiative – empowered to articulate the goals and objectives of the project or program and how these will change the business.
If you love working with and leading people, driving business results, exposure to new technologies and supporting the Un-carrier Brand, our Technology PMO is the place to be!
What you'll do in your role.
Enterprise Strengths You'll NeedWe’re looking for the best of the best – with an emphasis on customer focus, change & innovation, critical thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Be the trusted specialist in the creation of communication strategy for PMO projects and processes
- Offer thoughtful Executive level communications through writing, editing, and branding
- Design and maintain organizational branding
- Provide communication strategy domain expertise to internal organizational resources
- Build and launch standardized RNE&O communication templates based on customer requirements
- Ensure effective engagement with consumers of communications through comms tailoring by changing comm mechanism, tone, content, approach, and / or frequency
- Assess efficacy of comms through surveys and other methods
- Standardize TPMO Project communication templates
- Partner with Skills Expansion PMs to deliver comms training standard methodologies sessions (Ex: status reporting, ppt training, etc)
- Create and run portfolio management / intake communication templates
- Partner to support Relationship Management content and comms
- Partner to support People and Culture content and comms
- Create and maintain onboarding content and comms content
- Responsible for annual comms strategy
- Responsible for storage strategy, comms and making easily available content to various user groups
- Assemble key players on the program / project team and facilitate internal working relationships across the enterprise which cultivates the development of multi-functional partnership. Partner with business, technology and engineering stakeholders to vet project communication scope through conceptualization and design through to communication completion and evaluation. Ensure timely activity, integration and productivity of technical support and administer efficient use of resources to meet requirements with clear identification of task completion. Question ambiguous responsibilities and handle conflicts to an early resolution and partner concern of any unresolved issues. Play a support role with technical solutions ensuring all groups’ communications requirements are addressed. Look for opportunities to challenge current thinking, turn obstacles into opportunities, and bring additional value to the business.
- Facilitate the creation of the project and / or program charter and examine related user documentation for completeness and latest versions and ensure availability and distribution to all project team members. Insure required document review and approvals according to company standards and processes.
- Facilitate creation of work breakdown structures, develop and update project and program schedules/plans with actual and forecasted work you're doing and handle deviations from plan. Analyze validity of schedules submitted by outside parties contributing to the project. Distribute schedules in various formats and detail to suit different users or audiences. Monitor actual project progress, compare to baseline and report progress against schedule. Document, obtain approval, and track all changes in project parameters. Produce detailed reports and notifications as appropriate and communicate project status to respective partners and project sponsor. Approve or recommend all required commitments and collaborate closely with supplier and contractor representatives.
- Identify Risks and use validated PM techniques to assess and mitigate. Facilitate risk reviews and identify appropriate mitigation plans. Examine risks at all levels associated with the work, proposed contracts and major changes, and make recommendations for handling or equitable sharing. Document the impacts on schedule of proposed changes and develop program solutions to minimize the impact and ensure alignment to time and scope.
The experience you'll bring.
- 5+ year’s industry experience as a Program or Project Manager within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex solutions, systems, or services.
- Detail oriented; able to prioritize, speak and direct as a dependable business leader; problem solving skills a must.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills are critical.
- Ability to assess and implement successful, focused, integrated product development plans
- Awareness of general accounting practices, related to program and project management - including forecasting, budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, CAPEx and OPEx, and accounts payable
- Experience working in a technical industry.
- Ability to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business partners using strong social skills
- Occasional night work may be needed.
- Technical Project and Program Management Experience working on Network and Telecom Infrastructure within Office Build projects
- Cisco installations - routers and switches
- Working with telecom carriers for circuit orders/delivery/test
- General knowledge of low-voltage cabling terminology and design
- Ability to read construction blueprints and furniture floorplans
- Office telecom (Skype solutions, Avaya PBX)
- Project Management certification highly desired
- Experience working on projects in a wireless industry
- Experience in driving/leading merger and acquisition projects.
- An engineering/IT background in the area of Wireless Telecommunications will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with enterprise solutions, such as web services, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management or combination of equivalent experience and education
- Master’s / Advanced Degree desired
License or Certification(Desired) Certifications in focused areas such as project management, agile methodologies, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, or any related industry certifications
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.