Senior Director, Accounting & Assistant ControllerApply now
The Senior Director, Accounting & Assistant Controller will lead a team of approximately 60 professionals, and interface with a wide set of stakeholders across the business.
What you'll do in your role.
- In partnership with the VP/Controller, lead the organization’s transformation from serving as a traditional Accounting support function, to a strategic partner with the business by providing timely analysis for customer-oriented initiatives and solving root cause issues.
- Oversee critical accounting functions, including: device sales and financing, supply chain and device insurance, network and capital assets, treasury and corporate accounting.
- Act as a key advisor to business and finance leaders on accounting and reporting matters.
- Build, lead and inspire a high-performing Accounting organization, with a focus on developing and implementing solid succession planning.
- Serve as a key member on enterprise-wide projects such as new product initiatives, M&A transactions and system development projects.
- Drive end to end process owner expertise in the accounting team that can be leveraged to influence enterprise-wide process improvement initiatives.
- Create efficiencies in accounting processes by moving away from legacy manual processes and implementing technology solutions and automation. This will include contributing to a major system implementation and build-out.
- Ensure our financial statements are completed timely and accurately in compliance with GAAP and IFRS; accounting estimates are appropriate given the risks and uncertainties involved; and our accounting records contain the information necessary to meet our reporting requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal controls within accounting processes to ensure the accuracy and objectivity of our consolidated financial records and statements, including compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Provide thoughtful but accurate viewpoints that are crucial to the credibility of the accounting function and to achieving agreement with external auditors and other stakeholders.
The experience you'll bring.
have the following requisite qualifications:
- A transformational Controller level executive with a large ($1B+) technology driven, dynamic and complex public company. Prior telco/wireless industry experience preferred.
- Possesses a blend of public accounting and corporate experience – strikes the right balance of deep, technical expertise and business orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to partner closely with the business, providing valuable insights and data to optimize business results.
- Successful track record of creating efficiencies via streamlining, automating, and simplifying processes with technology solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership of a large accounting department; strong ability to hire, retain, and develop top notch talent and leaders.
- Leadership experience in a high-velocity, high-growth business, which puts a premium on collaboration with other finance and operations executives.
- Experienced presenting to and making recommendations at the C-Level.
- Familiarity with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Experience with SAP or other large ERP environments, complex billing systems, and system implementation projects.
- Previous experience leading an Accounting/Finance organization through a merger integration is strongly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA preferred.
- Certified Public or Chartered Accountant
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced, and rapidly changing environment
- Takes a collaborative and proactive approach to problem solving, with an ability to turn findings into executable plans
- Highly analytical and systematic
- Strategically-minded; contributes to holistically solving business problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator who can distill information into a digestible presentation for senior executives
- Customer focused
- Strong people leadership skills and the ability to build solid succession planning
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creates a team culture where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
- Sets performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action
- Holds others accountable by monitoring progress and results, and giving effective feedback in a timely manner; able to make tough decisions when appropriate
Req ID: 115104BR
Travel Required: No
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.