Tax ManagerApply now
The T-Mobile Tax department is a fast-paced team-oriented group working in the dynamic telecommunications industry. We are seeking a motivated and experienced state income tax manager to join the direct tax reporting team. This manager position will be focused on state income and franchise taxes including compliance, reporting, audits, tax planning and special projects.
What you'll do in your role.
- Manage state income tax compliance and reporting obligations including preparation of state income tax filings, technical positions, and apportionment
- Prepare and/or review state aspects of quarterly US GAAP and IFRS tax provisions
- Strategically manage state income/franchise tax audits, assessments and appeals
- Identify, analyze and implement state income tax planning strategies
- Prepare and/or review projections of state tax income and liability (for use in tax reporting, cash flow management and tax planning)
- Monitor and evaluate emerging state tax legislative, litigation and policy issues for impacts to the company
- Identify and evaluate FAS5 and FIN48 exposure items.
- Research, analyze & compose technical memoranda on state income tax issues, enacted law changes, emerging legislative/policy developments and exposure items
- Manage SOX 404 documentation and procedures as assigned
- Lead process improvements and/or technology implementation projects
- Special projects relating to tax planning and reporting, further automation of tax processes and other projects relating to tax and business initiatives
- Cross team collaboration with internal & external business partners and advisors
The experience you'll bring.
- 6+ years income tax experience in a multi-state environment with emphasis on income tax compliance, tax accounting, technical research and business combinations
- Corporate, partnership and LLC tax experience
- Public accounting experience is preferred
- Highly motivated individual with demonstrated understanding of complex tax concepts
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while working well under pressure (high risk responsibilities with tight deadlines)
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups and senior executives (including but not limited to VPs, Directors, Deutsche Telekom personnel, auditors, consultants, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in tax research tools, compliance and provision software, and Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited institution with a focus in accounting or similar
- Master’s Degree in Tax and CPA certification preferred
Req ID: 132965BR
Travel Required: No
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.