Sr Analyst, Credit Risk MgmtApply now
You will be working independently and/or in as part of a team of analysts to identify new credit segmentation opportunities using statistical methods leading to enhancements to our credit decision process and policies, collections strategies, and fraud strategies. You will be partnering within members of the Credit Risk Management team and other functional teams in T-Mobile for the deployment, analysis and tracking of new credit strategies to manage risk.
You must be able to manipulate large amounts of data, extract key insights from the data, and then clearly and concisely communicate actionable recommendations based upon your insights. In many cases, you will participate in projects at various stages from idea or hypothesis generation to development and/or implementation. You will be expected to contribute as credit data expert, analytic methodology specialist and primary statistics analyst.
What you'll do in your role.
- Utilize statistical segmentation techniques to identify new opportunities
- Perform complex qualitative and quantitative analysis of credit polices to ensure financial goals are being attained
- Develop predictive financial and analytical models using the appropriate statistical methodologies, including trend and regression analysis
- Participate and perform the analysis of new data and statistical products by external vendors
- Perform loss forecasting analysis
- Extract, process and transform data from multiple disparate sources
- Analyze credit bureau and alternative credit data
- Deliver work output with full awareness and adherence to project timelines or agreed upon deadlines
The experience you'll bring.
- 5+ years of quantitative analytic modeling experience or comparable process management experience
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or related degree required. Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline a plus
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in SAS or other statistical/analytical programming languages
- Superior computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint required
- Superior communication (spoken and written), organization and presentation skills
- Superior time management skills and awareness of project management methods
- Credit risk management experience preferred
- Basic proficiency in SQL, C++, Python, R or other statistical software packages a plus
- Prior consumer risk management experience a plus
- Wireless / Telecom experience a
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.