Sr Accountant - Supply Chain & Insurance AccountingApply now
The accounting operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented to T-Mobile leadership under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within accounting operations, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, allowing for a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. The various teams are responsible for areas such as corporate accounting, accounting policies, supply chain accounting, insurance accounting, equipment sales accounting, revenue accounting, financial services accounting, and fixed asset accounting.
The Supply Chain Accounting team is seeking a Senior Accountant. This role is responsible for ensuring that the Supply Chain activities are accurately presented under US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in inventory accounting, controls and be able to apply critical thinking and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
What you'll do in your role.
- Perform monthly close activities related to inventory (oversight of controls and variances), recording journal entries for accruals, reconciling general ledger accounts, account analysis and support flux commentary preparation.
- Update standard costs in a timely manner and analyze purchase price variances.
- Review third-party contracts and ensure they are properly administered and accounted for
- Understand your process area- accounting concepts, risks, controls, accounting transactions, system flows for transactions, dependencies and how output produced by the team is being used, in order to identify improvements to drive efficiencies or more effective processes.
- Effectively align with appropriate departments and third-party partners to provide end-to-end support of Supply Chain accounting
- Provide subject matter expertise for Supply Chain (inventory) accounting and facilitate internal and external financial reporting processes
- Proactively identify issues and process improvement opportunities; recommend solutions and work with appropriate business partners to resolve or assist with implementation
- Respond to inquiries from business partners and effectively align with them to achieve business objectives
- Ensure compliance in meeting Sarbanes-Oxley controls and requirements
- Provide support for the audits performed by internal and external auditors
- Perform special projects as requested
The experience you'll bring.
- Strong knowledge of accounting theory. SAP experience is a plus. Supply Chain/Inventory accounting is a plus.
- Ability to interpret and apply accounting theory to accounting operations/ scenarios.
- Ability to understand complex contracts and determine accounting implications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as decision-making and analytical abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to balance multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously with excellent quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable expressing concerns and ideas during interactions and meetings.
- A great team player with an upbeat positive attitude.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or CPA required
- Telecommunication industry experience preferred
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, preferably within a large company accounting environment
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Visio experience is a plus (our SOX and process docs are in Visio)
- Experience in Alteryx, Power BI, and/or SQL is a plus
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.