Sr Accountant - Lease and Telco AccountingApply now
The Lease and Telco accounting team is currently seeking a senior accountant. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a solid foundation in accounting and strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Core functions will include monthly close responsibilities, ad hoc analysis, SOX and financial audit compliance, process improvement, and other projects. This position will work with finance and operations teams throughout the company including Network Engineering, Retail, Real Estate and IT to ensure operating expenses, assets and liabilities are properly reported.
What you'll do in your role.
- Assist in the monthly close process, including preparation of journal entries, reconciling complex general ledger accounts, and performing trend analysis.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and communicated to business partners.
- Ensure compliance in meeting SOX requirements.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are developed and performed.
- Provide support for the audits performed by internal and external auditors.
- Assist in creating ad hoc and monthly reports from multiple sources as needed.
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities for improvements within the lease accounting systems and processes and recommend solutions.
- Use accounting concepts, wide-ranging experience, analytical skills, and knowledge of industry to identify and resolve issues in creative and effective ways.
- Actively participate in cross-functional projects to thoroughly understand the potential impacts on Accounting and our business partners, represent our needs/requirements and ensure implementation is successful.
The experience you'll bring.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and accounting systems; SAP experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with different levels within the organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally with minimal supervision
- Ability to manipulate large volumes of data from multiple systems
- Proficient in Excel
- Alteryx experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or CPA required
- Telecommunication industry experience preferred
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience, preferably within a large company accounting environment or 3+ years public accounting experience
Check your commute.
Other Available locations.
Overland Park, KS
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
T-Mobile U.S. Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is America’s supercharged Un-carrier, delivering an advanced 4G LTE and transformative nationwide 5G network that will offer reliable connectivity for all. T-Mobile’s customers benefit from its unmatched combination of value and quality, unwavering obsession with offering them the best possible service experience and undisputable drive for disruption that creates competition and innovation in wireless and beyond. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile, Metro by T-Mobile and Sprint. For more information please visit: http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.