Director, Diversity & Inclusion EngagementApply now
T-Mobile is seeking a Director, Diversity & Inclusion Engagement to join our dynamic and innovative Diversity and Inclusion team as a strategist and execution focused leader of our Employee Resource Groups and local D&I Chapters across the United States. T-Mobile’s D&I team drives business value for our company by establishing D&I strategies and initiatives that influence talent acquisition, leadership development, employee engagement and retention programs.
The Director, D&I Engagement will lead a team of 6 employees, and interface with and influence across a wide set of enterprise-wide stakeholders.
What you'll do in your role.
- Work with the Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion, the D&I team and other HR and business functions on the development and implementation of diversity and inclusion strategies, programs, and initiatives, including leadership development, recruitment, performance management, mentorship, employee engagement and retention.
- Develop short- and long-term vision, strategy and planning for the growth and evolution of 6 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and 53 local D&I Chapters with current population of 21,000+ employees to support business goals.
- Provide “outside the box” thought leadership and expertise in growing and supporting the ERGs.
- Set performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals.
- Serve as primary point of contact for the ERGs and Executive Sponsors to provide guidance and support to advance their strategic plans. Build and maintain solid, trusted relationships with these key stakeholders.
- Define KPIs, metrics and reporting, with a goal of effectively tracking and measuring engagement.
- Bridge D&I networks with D&I talent development initiatives; align strategy and programs for each business unit’s unique needs.
- Define and refine priorities and team goals based on evolving needs of the business and stakeholders.
- Set budgets and identify D&I campaigns for the calendar year.
- Partner with internal TMUS leaders in support of D&I initiatives including Corporate Responsibility to identify nonprofit partners.
- Stay current with leading research on D&I initiatives and topics.
- Provide benchmark and research analysis, including monitoring and reporting on diversity and inclusion topics.
The experience you'll bring.
- A visionary leader with 10+ years’ experience developing and executing creative Diversity and Inclusion strategies at a complex organization that’s achieved great success in its D&I objectives.
- Proven, progressive experience (5+ years’ minimum) in a people-focused function, with demonstrated effectiveness leading diversity and inclusion related initiatives and programs.
- Proven experience and positive track record of successfully managing teams directly and indirectly.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships to achieve common goals
- Ability to handle complex D&I issues with discretion, self-awareness and sound judgment to successful conflict resolution across all levels of the organization
- Advanced consulting and facilitation skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt style to the needs of stakeholders. An excellent mediator who actively advises leaders and team members alike for best business outcomes.
- Strong business, financial and legal acumen
- Strong knowledge of diversity metrics, research and analytics
- Experience with talent development and talent pipelining is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a diplomatic and direct communicator who can distill information into a digestible presentation for senior executives
- An exceptional influencer with solid interpersonal skills and executive presence
- An inspirational leader who demonstrates leadership with integrity, accountability, and trust
- A servant leader and talent magnet who people are excited to follow
- Exceptional strategic thinker with the ability to frame an idea into a solid business plan
- A strong and agile team player who’s able to manages multiple projects
- Executive presence and maturity to challenge thinking and present ideas at a high level
- Excellent credibility, expertise and passion for D&I
- Innovative and thinks outside the box
- Incredibly self-aware; knows their own lens and can step back and see things objectively
- A true hands-on doer who loves to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Learns equally from successes and failures.
- Excellent project management skills
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.