Diversity Executive SourcerApply now
The Diversity Executive Sourcer will contribute to the success of T-Mobile’s Diversity initiatives by identifying, connecting into, and building solid relationships with high performing diverse executive talent. This position will take a two-pronged approach to sourcing diverse talent for T-Mobile, balancing long-term external networking with creating short-term pipeline for immediate executive opportunities.
She or he will serve as the subject matter expert for diversity initiatives and recruiting and play a key role in designing and developing the Diversity Sourcing Strategy for our enterprise wide executive population. Partnering closely with our team of Executive Sourcers and Executive Talent Scouts (Executive Recruiters), the Diversity Executive Sourcer will find creative ways to identify and engage with diverse pools of talent to develop robust diverse exec pipelines for current and future business needs.
What you'll do in your role.
- Contribute to company-wide diversity efforts by identifying, engaging with and ultimately attracting qualified female and under-represented minority executives. Thoughtfully maintain active pipeline of candidates.
- The focus of this role will be 60% sourcing for active, open requisitions and 40% relationship-building and networking.
- Partner with Executive Talent Scouts, Employee Success Partners and Hiring Executives to consider opportunistic hires, as well as develop job experience requirements that will broaden the pool for non-traditional candidates.
- Build and nurture relationships with diverse execs via frequent outreach and engagement.
- Strategically plan and set us up for success with diversity focused executive events, including prepping our executives who are attending, advance outreach to external exec attendees, planning for strategic introductions and meetings, and attending the events to network.
- Create deep partnerships with alums of Historically Black Colleges & Universities and Hispanic Serving Institutions
- Research and identify external diversity-focused organizations and build partnerships. Coordinate our attendance at events and conferences to create new, and solidify existing, diversity sourcing channels.
- Complete market research to understand where external diverse talent pools exist, including target companies that excel in hiring for diversity. Tap into these talent pools and adopt best practices of our competitors.
- In partnership with the Executive Talent Scouts, socialize top diverse talent with hiring execs, and influence the hiring process for potential hires.
- Build relationships with members of T-Mobile’s Employee Network Groups, particularly the Multicultural Network and Women’s Leadership Network, to develop leads.
- Design, test, measure, and lead new approaches to attracting diverse exec candidate slates. Educate and empower the entire executive talent scout team with best practices for building diverse pipelines.
- Track week by week results and provide quarterly reviews.
- When needed, attend launch meetings by phone or in person with Executive Talent Scouts and Hiring Executives.
- Quickly identify and contact passive candidates by phone and email; utilize resourcefulness to connect with targeted candidates.
- Screen and assess candidates for required skillset and cultural fit. Present qualified candidates via a written assessment and verbal presentation to the Executive Talent Scout, Vice President of D&I and/or Hiring Executive.
- Capture search related information (candidate details, company and marketplace intelligence) in the candidate database. Maintain the highest quality information by ensuring data is kept up to date for each search in real-time.
- Gather market intelligence and provide ongoing feedback on the challenges and trends in the marketplace to the Executive Recruiting Team and Hiring Executives.
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism when communicating with Hiring Executives and executive candidates.
- Consistently provide a top-notch candidate experience; develop ongoing candidate relationships to build pipelines for future opportunities.
- Position reports to Manager, Executive Sourcing and dotted lines to Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion.
The experience you'll bring.
have the following requisite qualifications:
- Proven track record of designing and implementing successful Diversity and Inclusion recruitment strategies, including creative sourcing strategies that address both short-term and long-term diverse executive hiring, specifically for underrepresented minorities.
- Substantial experience leading diversity sourcing projects and/or recruiting initiatives.
- Significant experience sourcing and building diverse talent pools, especially of underrepresented minorities. Proven results include increasing metrics of diverse executive population.
- Possesses an existing, deep network of underrepresented minority professionals.
- Minimum of 7 years’ related business experience with exposure to a variety of industries.
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years of executive search/sourcing within a corporation, or contingency or retained search agency. Preference for agency experience to include working with a boutique firm that specializes in diverse recruiting
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Expertise in advanced sourcing methods. Extremely web-savvy with significant web research techniques.
- Compelling communicator who can engage the attention of busy executives. Excellent listening skills.
- Able to influence and respond with appropriate points of view when interfacing with senior level executives.
- Confident phone research and cold-calling skills.
- Strong candidate presentation skills; can present complex information in a clear, concise manner to an exec level audience.
- Excellent business writing skills and ability to craft executive facing written materials
- Robust analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Able to filter large amounts of information, quickly identify the essential items and provide relevant insights.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and in applicant database systems.
- A super connector who is well networked; has an exceptional ability to establish and cultivate relationships at the executive level
- Passionate with a relentless desire to seek out the best candidates
- Has a bias for action and operates with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines; works smartly and proactively
- Bright, resourceful and possesses high EQ
- Intellectually curious and a quick thinker; able to grasp new concepts
- Ability to scale in a fast-paced environment where functioning autonomously and collaborating as part of a team are dually vital
- Operates without an ego; drives for the success of the team vs only individual wins
- Highly organized. Possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills. Calm under pressure and drives for results.
- High level of business acumen; demonstrates a passion for learning about and contributing to a business
- Conducts business ethically; high-level of personal integrity
- Flexible in adapting and responding to changing situations. Ability to make progress when confronted with ambiguity.
Req ID: 118151BR
Department: Human Resources
Travel Required: Yes
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.