Sr Engineer, Software - AptitudeApply now
The Software Engineer designs and develops internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives
- Translates business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications or User Stories.
- Owns the technical vision and development of a sub domain or capability.
- Communicates with business customers and other stakeholders design, requirements, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Build and unit test production deployment packages with an eye towards automated regression and unit test scripts, and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including business customers, Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of product enhancements and support.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- May supervise contract resources.
- 5+ years of experience in Application Development preferably in wireless industry and/or finance function.
- 1.5 - 2+ years of experience in Aptitude, RevPro, RevStream, and/or other ASC 606 / IFRS 15 solutions following double entry principles.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing enterprise integrations using architectures such as SOA.
- 3+ years of experience in ETL/ELT/In Database Processing.
- Stored Procedures, PL/SQL, SQL queries, data analysis, and validation.
- Recommended experience with Teradata: Loading data into Teradata production and development warehouse using BTEQ, FASTLOAD, FASTEXPORT, MULTI LOAD, and ETL Tools like Aptitude or Informatica.
- Experience in creating stored procedures to enrich, validate and load data.
- Experience in performance tuning, ETL/ELT mappings and high volume databases.
- Recommended experience in tools – Rally, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Sauce labs.
- Recommended experience working with at least 3 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
- Recommended experience identifying and effectively deploying system monitoring solutions and establishing and measuring service level agreements for these systems.
- Must have development experience on at least 2-4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead developer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least 3 developers.
- Must have experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- Must have development or testing experience preferably in CI/CT/CD, and Agile CI/CT or DevOps environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We even do benefits differently.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
It's all about you
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
Sweet company discounts
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
Help with the fam
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.