Principal Engineer, SoftwareApply now
The Software Engineer designs and develops internal and external business systems and applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting or business intelligence systems as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. They build software and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include builds and releases.
- Understands in depth the TEQ platforms, capabilities, processes, tools, and integration. What is current available, what is being built, integration/dependencies and the TEQ end-state view.
- Automation First that enables E2E traceability & transparency
- Drive building self-service, data driven, and decentralized decision making
- Deep understanding of the customer pain points and needs around Delivery. Customer Focused and Value based development.
What you'll do in your role.
Technology & System
- Hands-on code, build, automate, setup, configure, transform their given area
- Automation and Self-Service Mindset.
- Build APIs, open source plug-ins and self-service tools to invoke and integrate capabilities, platforms, solutions to empower CI/CD and DevOps resulting in increased time to value.
- Identify and automate all repeatable manual task
- Identify recurring problems and build automation solutions to auto-identify & remediate them
- Run Manual Test or Process/Procedures our customers perform to understand the pain and how to drive automation and building frameworks/tools/capabilities to support the enterprise
- Manage and provide design/code reviews for your vendor engineering resources – code reviews, standards enforcement, quality & SLA management.
- Monitor and manage the reports/SLAs of dev work and documentation is maintained
- Understand your customer’s pain points, challenges, requirements and provide an open feedback loop for continuous improvement. Build a partnering relationship with your customers. Know your customers, their architecture, their code, their pains, and how to best support them to optimize delivery & quality
- Understand latest technologies, continuously improve, optimize processes, automation, etc
- Experience and expertise in the technology stack, code, and processes for their domain/capability/platform area – SDLC tools, Environment, Release, Delivery Pipeline, Assets, Security, Functional Testing, Automation, SV, Performance, Data Services, etc.
- Unique and specialized skills for each team/capability/platform area.
The experience you'll bring.
- Minimum 7 years’ Application Development Experience.
- Has had technical leadership experience on at least 5 large scale projects, providing leadership to at least 4 Software Engineers on each project, with projects impacting multiple business units and with development timelines greater than 4 months each.
- Minimum 7 years’ professional experience using 3 or more development languages or tools (e.g., C#, ASP.Net, J2EE Application Framework, Siebel, Oblix, etc.).
- Minimum 7 years’ Application Development Experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience designing and developing applications on two RDBMS (Oracle, SQL 2000, Teradata).
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience designing and developing applications on two operating systems (Unix, Windows 2000, etc.) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Minimum of 7 years’ work experience as a Software Engineer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
- Has experience working with at least 5 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- May require up to 10% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to other T-Mobile technology centers
Req ID: 108729BR
Department: Information Technology
Travel Required: No
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.