Sr Engineer, SoftwareApply now
Designs and develops rich customer experiences, as required to deliver new capabilities or experiences supporting corporate business objectives. The Sr Engineer Software acts as the development and technical lead on moderately complex projects, contributes to strategic vision, technical decisions, participating in process improvements, completing proof of concept projects for introduction of changes to our architecture, and providing peer oversight on the work of other Software Engineers.
What you'll do in your role.
- Owns the development of one or many capabilities(s).
- Utilizes Planning and Leadership skills to oversee development deliverable as required to implement new systems capabilities.
- Acts as a strong advocate for a culture of quality.
Technology and System
- Designs and develops domain capabilities to support complex business objectives. Leads moderately complex projects.
- Utilizes development skills to build software and unit test new customer experiences per technical specifications, with deliverables to include builds and releases.
- Ensures Continuous Integration and Build is in place.
- Maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Translates business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications or User Stories.
- Communicates design, requirements, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications.
- Utilizes development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Identifies and creates/updates support documentation as needed by the DevOps function and drive, monitor and takes part in Peer Review to allow acceptance of system changes into production.
- Directs build and unit test production deployment packages.
- Facilitates/leads reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilizes product lifecycle methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provides on-call and after-hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide active resolution support on production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules
Relationship and People Management:
- Performs peer reviews.
- Collaborates with architects and other Software Engineers on design.
- Collaborate with other Business and Technology partner teams on successful delivery of product enhancements and support. Employs a hands-on approach to lead the Development team, both by coding themselves and coaching and mentoring team members.
The experience you'll bring.
- In-depth knowledge of core library development for a widely used programming language.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and performance analysis.
- 5+ years of experience with IAAS providers (AWS etc.) including setup and configuration
- 5+ years of experience in application development for Cloud platforms using technologies like ANGULAR, HTML5, CSS, Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Micro Services, REST and others
- Experienced in building and launching client based light weight Web APPs.
- Solid understanding of API lifecycle management.
- Knowable in common Internet technologies and protocols viz. HTTP(s), SSL, OAuth, REST, JSON, XML etc.
- Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
Req ID: 110956BR
Department: Information Technology
Travel Required: No
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.