Manager, IT ArchitectureApply now
What you'll do in your role.
- Manage 4-5 data architects and deliverables of data architecture consultants
- Work with IT and business management on architecture and detailed design patterns
- Responsible for delivering strategic initiatives that impacts evolution of the EDS data landscape which includes Teradata, Hadoop, AWS Aurora, Azure Data Lake, etc.
- Implement processes and architectural best practices for a sustainable and scalable design
- Conduct industry research & trends for setting the direction of Information Architecture
- Stay abreast of information management trends and standards, master data management, data services, self-service business intelligence, metadata management, data quality, and data governance.
- Manage work products where the Data Architecture team works across teams such as DevOPS, platform, Infosec, solution architecture and other organizations
- Work with CIS team in delivering an architecture to support encryption and row-level data security
- Support Enterprise Data Governance and metadata initiatives
- Develop and maintain relationships with our partners
The experience you'll bring.
- At least 2-3 years of people management experience in an architecture domain
- At least 5-10 years of experience in IT as an architect, lead or program / product management
- Demonstrable team building and mentoring experience
- Strong knowledge of Teradata, Hive, HBase, Oracle and Postgres
- Experience in data architecture including streaming and batch data, semantic layers within at least one complex data warehouse landscape
- Understanding of Big Data technologies, Hadoop and modern data architectures like Spark and NoSQL structures
- Experience in cloud platforms such as AWS (S3, Redshift, RDS, etc.), Azure (Data Lake, ADF, Event Hub, etc.)
- Experience in distributed data processing framework such as Spark and MapReduce and data streaming such as Kafka, Spark streaming preferred
- Data modeling tools (Erwin, Power Designer) and standards.
- Experience with ETL Tools including Informatica BDM, etc preferred
- Experience working with vendors to evaluate, select, and implement 3rd party solutions
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.