Software Engineer T-Mobile MoneyApply now
Do you love building digital applications and leading development of digital applications?
Do you want to join the fast-paced team who encourage innovation and expand both your leadership and development skills and experience?
Join the next wave of innovation that is happening at T-Mobile. Work on projects that challenge your intellect, passion, drive and curiosity.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to raise the bar for a high-performing team that delivers large scale solutions on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)/ Kubernetes, and utilizing API management tools like Apigee, and supporting tools like JIRA, and GitLabs.
If you are looking to work on projects that are top organizational priority for the company, provide compelling end-user experiences and improve customer satisfaction, come join the T-Mobile Money team!
What you'll do in your role.
- The candidate must be:Customer and value focused; they win, so you win
- Always forward thinking, driven by innovation
- Refuses to accept the status quo and not afraid to take risk.
- Self-directed; no need to push you to excel, it’s just who you are
- Relentless in solving customer pain pointsYou must be able to:Write high-quality code
- Integrate systems using a wide variety of protocols like REST, SOAP, MQ, TCP/IP, JSON and others
- Create development standards/guidelines for app teams, help them follow the DevOps model
- Communicate design, requirements, functionality and limitations of systems/applications
- Participate in the technical community across the organization that fosters innovation, agile development and test methodology, flexible teaming, knowledge sharing and talent transformation.
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical and architectural specifications.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Utilize departmental Digital Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provide on call and after-hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide support on production outages.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules.The Software Engineer designs and develops internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives.
The experience you'll bring.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in software engineering
- Proven experience in JAVA.
- Has extensive experience developing cloud native apps using Springboot.
- Well versed in container technologies like docker.
- Proficiency in at least ONE of the following domains: public cloud (AWS/PCF), server-side web dev, client-side web dev, REST/web services.
- Experienced with C/ICD concepts and Jenkins/Gitlabs pipelines
- Experience with Unix command / scripting.
- Expertise with SQL and NoSQL Databases. Well versed with stored procedures, views and database queries
- Good knowledge of service virtualization concepts with experience on specific tools like CA service virtualization and spring cloud contract.
- Has experience using monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Splunk and Grafana.
- Has good understanding of API management concepts with experience with at least one API management tool.
- Has experience or basic understanding of Mobile App development tools and technologies, with preference of Xamarin
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- Has experience providing production support for cloud-based digital applications and services.
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
Req ID: 138652BR
Department: Information Technology
Travel Required: No
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.