Engineer SoftwareApply now
The Secure ID team within P&T is looking for individuals who are interested in being part of the team that will take things to the next level and transform SecureID in a robust platform that delivers leading edge authentication, security and amazing customer experiences.
What you'll do in your role.
- Build data persistence solutions for software products, with the chance to work with and learn multiple data stores (including Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Cassandra) as well as event streaming platforms (including RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS)
- Own the end-to-end solution with your team, from unit tests to CI/CD pipelines to deployments to monitoring and security.
- Go broad AND deep: work on front-ends and back-ends, automate tests and infrastructure, build CI/CD pipelines
- Not just write code, but with your team, learn what it takes to deliver your code to production and explore extending your skills into site and system reliability areas of focus
- Learn and help others learn modern practices such as test-driven development, pair programming, automation, async communication, and more
- Contribute to and learn patterns to build reliable n-tier architectures
- Sharpen your skills by getting hands on with your team at all levels of the stack – and all parts of the process
- Grow your skills as a software engineer by collaborating with peers in an organization that defaults to InnerSource development principles
The experience you'll bring.
- Experience with one or more of the following (and a willingness to learn the others given the option)
- Ability to learn or existing familiarity with
- Git-based source code management systems (UI and/or CLI)
- Runtimes and UI frameworks including NodeJS, React, and/or Angular
- Containerization (Docker)
- Microservices architecture, RESTFUL APIs, and GraphQL
- Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and PaaS (PCF - Cloud Foundry)
- Ability to complete a pair programming session with a senior developer as guide and mentor
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Other degrees with demonstrable coding skills
- Career Transitions
- Completion of a coding bootcamp or certification program (or equivalent demonstrable coding skill)
- 2+ years experience of full time work (non-coding okay)
- Early in Career:
- 1+ years full-time work experience in a full time software coding role
Req ID: 139066BR
Department: Information Technology
Travel Required: No
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.