Sr Product Manager – Device Financing ProductsApply now
Welcome to the exciting world of Product & Technology!
We own the products that help our customers purchase the devices and accessories they love. We constantly review the customer’s financing experience to understand the underlying drivers and enhance our products to best fit their needs.
Owning a product means partnering across the organization to improve the E2E and deliver value to both T-Mobile and the customer. You will innovate in the spirit of the Un-carrier, discarding the status quo and acting as an advocate for our customers!
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN YOUR ROLE.
The Sr Product Manager is responsible for executing the vision, design, and roadmap of reporting for the device financing product portfolio. Additionally, you will have a deep understanding of the product portfolio and understand the customer and representative experiences. This position reports to the P&T Device Financing Products Director and is considered the product data expert within P&T.
A Sr Product Manager is also directly accountable for developing strong and productive relationships outside your direct team with Customer representative teams, partner organizations, dependent technology teams, and supporting vendors.
What you'll do in your role.
Strategy, Vision, Analysis
- Owns product reporting end-to-end for complex products. This includes creating, managing, maintaining and communicating reporting dashboard and roadmap.
- Reporting which identifies target customer(s) for existing or future products, and designs and drives end user product research.
- Partners with business, internal/external stakeholders and Leadership to understand current customer experiences, identifies areas of opportunity using data.
- Conducts analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to identify product innovation opportunities or root cause of issues and assess opportunity size and impact. May work with data scientists to answer complex questions or identify meaningful insights from data.
- Conducts cost-benefit / ROI / NPV analysis, competitive product analysis, to support decision making.
- Anticipates industry trends, direction, innovation, analyses potential impacts or opportunities to customer / product.
- Communicates, influences, and sells ideas at VP level and below. This includes regularly delivering product presentations.
- Drives specific ad hoc analysis and presents information to executive level management on request.
- Influences product feature set and positioning strategies using data to improve customer experience, and drive or support growth.
- Works with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Maintains current understanding of tech trends. Assesses how trends impact the roadmap or create opportunity for innovation of the product.
- Leverages customer insights for product vision, strategy, roadmap, priorities.
- Dedicates time to customers actively meeting with them to build deeper empathy and understand their needs and priorities.
- Create, manage, foster an active Voice of Customer (VOC) feed for themselves and team.
- Actively looks for opportunities to delight or meet customer’s unmet needs.
- Evangelizes and advocates for the customer both internally (IC through C level) and externally, perpetuating the customer-first mindset.
- Creates an environment and culture where the team is immersed in customer-first mindset.
- Tests ideas with real customers to ensure that the product delivers the desired benefit.
Product Execution / Delivery
- Generates and maintains dashboards and reports that track product health and success metrics.
- Conduct Product Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s) and Steering meetings.
- Runs beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Supports sales, marketing, and other stakeholder teams with the necessary data and additional documentation.
- Recognizes and communicates technical challenges to stakeholders and makes educated trade-off decisions with the team.
- Accountable for product portfolio quality and performance in production environment as it relates to detecting issues with data analysis.
- Manages development of adoption tools and training materials.
- Identify execution, operational, organizational issues that impede product success. Drive improvement plan to change or resolve issues (within sphere of influence)
Relationship & People, Professional Development
- Collaborates and develops positive working relationships with many teams, including sales, commercial accounting, marketing, legal, go-to-market, and finance. Works with outside partners and other third parties.
- Develops positive working relationships with Customer groups or Customer Representatives.
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; participates in professional societies.
- Develops adoption tools and training material.
The experience you'll bring.
- 7+ years of relevant Product Management experience in an agile software product development environment. Advanced level understanding of customer experience.
- Experience with SQL (SSMS), Tableau, Tableau Server, Teradata, Visual Studio (SSIS) – Integrations, and Job Scheduler.
- Proven success in directing matrixed resources and delivering software, with Agile Scrum methodologies and other commonly used tools, across multiple teams.
- Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- Experience in delivering large and complex business/technology initiatives.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to identify/analyze/synthesize product use data and use the data to drive decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Additional General or Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods.
- Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods
- This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
- Travel: May require up to 10% of domestic overnight travel to interact with vendors or satellite T-Mobile offices.
Req ID: 139096BR
Department: Information Technology
Travel Required: No
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.