Manager, Product & Technology- Multiple PositionsApply now
Dynamic: Our team is asked daily to perform the impossible, so buckle up and prepare to change the world! We work really closely with our business partners to consistently deliver solid, well-designed solutions to make our care and messaging reps lives easier. And we're never done - We won't stop!
Here's some of the things that we look for:
o We encourage autonomy and independent decision-making
o We prioritize people over process
o We embrace change
o We share information openly, broadly and deliberately
o We show empathy to all
o We embrace diversity and respect our differences
o We thrive in an open, inclusive and safe environment
o We create experiences that serve EVERYONE
o We share the credit and shoulder responsibility
What you'll do in your role.
Most often leading teams of 5 - 10 FTE, and may lead teams of onshore and offshore contracting companies. Direct reporting line may include team(s) of Product Manager(s), Product Owner(s), technical and solution architecture, DevOps management, UI / UX, Test, as well as full stack Software Development.
Manager is also responsible for attracting, hiring, retaining a high performing, full stack, team of Product Managers, Software Developers, architects, other members of technical staff to support products and platforms.
This role is also directly accountable for developing strong and productive relationships outside your direct teams with Customer or Customer representative teams, partner organizations, dependent technology teams, and supporting vendors.
Strategy, Vision, and Analysis
▪ Works in collaboration with Sr Manager and / or Director to develop strategy, plan, goals (outcomes) for their scope of business. Collaboration should extend to customer teams and groups, as well as close working teams within P&T.
▪ Supports Product Team with enterprise process to secure and maintain product funding. Works to resolve any blockers or issues with product funding.
▪ Designs and develops methods and tools to measure team performance striking a balance between customer or technology based innovation, quality, speed to market, Agile team velocity, cost.
▪ Provides review and guidance to Product Management team on product vision, strategy, roadmap for product(s) or group of products, methods and frequency of customer research and feedback, ROI analysis / funding, including identification and remediation of possible gaps.
▪ Regularly cascades to direct reports Vision, Strategy, and goal based communications from executive and direct leadership.
▪ Develops change management and communications plans, and executes or drives execution connected with internal change initiatives originated by direct leadership or P&T leadership.
▪ Participates in organizational design thinking / strategy to best structure the team and leverage resources. This includes periodic review of current and anticipated staffing capacity. Develops and maintains culture, process, and consistent action for continuous improvement across Agile teams.
▪ Supports learning and adoption of Lean principles and processes within Product Management team.
▪ Works collaboratively with peers in Software Engineering, Architecture, etc. to apply Lean principles.
The experience you'll bring.
▪ Regularly provides review and guidance to Product Management team on execution related responsibilities. This includes:
o Product Backlog structure and prioritization, process.
o Participation in Big Room (Program Increment) planning, and other major Agile sessions and ceremonies.
o Customer reviews and demos.
o Customer and Leadership level communications.
▪ Fosters strong working relationships with high dependency delivery teams outside of reporting vertical (Engineering, other P&T teams outside immediate reporting structure).
▪ Fields and responds or forwards customer or Leadership escalations, as appropriate.
▪ Manages delivery accountabilities of vendor or vendor resources as appropriate.
▪ Communicates with Product and Dev teams frequently to learn of barriers or obstacles to efficient productive delivery. Works immediately to remove those barriers or obstacles if possible within their sphere of influence.
▪ Works collaboratively with Product Team, Release Train Engineers (RTE’s), Scrum Masters, Dev Team to identify and eliminate waste in the delivery cycle or process. When resolution requires influence beyond their level, drives structured upward communication and feedback to seek resolution."
Leadership, Coaching, and Relationships
▪ Creates clear and measurable goals for team aligned to company, department, functional area objectives.
▪ Supports 5 – 10 (max) persons in direct reporting relationship.
▪ Conducts regular 1:1’s with direct reports.
▪ Regularly observes and creates opportunities to observe direct reports and note positive, as well as constructive feedback. Shares and reviews feedback with their direct reports in a timely manner.
▪ Gathers regular feedback about direct report performance, relationships, etc. from Agile teams, customer teams and synthesizes the information into meaningful , actionable feedback for their direct report(s).
▪ Develops formal and informal performance reviews in accordance with company or P&T driven timelines. Ensures proper, fair, calibrated, timely completion of formal performance review. Develops or contributes to creation of development plans for each direct report and performs an active role in completion of actions noted in those development plans.
▪ Creates, communicates, and monitors formal performance improvement plan (PIP) when necessary and appropriate.
▪ Provides regular, timely coaching lateral (peer) and upward feedback. Fosters culture in team to enable regular, timely, constructive upward feedback.
▪ Fosters strong, collaborative relationships with customer and customer representative groups at all levels for self and Product team.
▪ Hire, manage, and develop a team of high performing individual contributors.
▪ May be required to serve or execute the role of Product Manager for a specific product or group of products.
▪ Approves time off requests, expenses in a timely manner for direct reports.
▪ Ensures direct reports complete required trainings and certifications in timely manner.
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.