Principal Architect, Systems Device FinancingApply now
The Device Financing team is within the T-Mobile Product and Technology organization and is focused on platform and product strategies for financing products. In this role you will work directly with business stakeholders and the product managers to ensure that architecture frameworks/standards are established for the solutions and drive implementation of the architecture into the developed solutions. Ensuring that our solutions align with architecture guidelines and supporting the engineers through their development lifecycle.
What you'll do in your role.
- Experience in developing financing solutions and passion for getting hands dirty with code.
- Create High Level Solution Design (HLSD) in support of Enterprise and have working knowledge of basic tools like Jira and Confluence
- Experience in platform architecture and designing solution for non-functional including availability, scalability, reliability, performance, interoperability
- Create architecture and technical design documents to communicate solutions that will be implemented by the development team
- Develop proof-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems
- Work with development, infrastructure, test, and production support teams to ensure proper implementation of solutions
- Participates in defining domain strategy and ensures alignment within the domain; facilitates hand-off of implementation to Engineers / DevOps team members
- Create scalable, extensible designs that are easy to implement and maintain
- Validates the design provided by development teams
- Maintain accountability for solution designs all the way to deployment
- Work closely with business partners during vision stages to help define solution options
- Develops and communicates a point of view on complex technical topics.
- Align multiple domains, both technical and non-technical, on this common vision
- Build and maintain working relationships with stakeholders so that you understand their needs and can provide technical solution to support their objectives
The experience you'll bring.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science or related field
- TOGAF Certification is Highly Preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software engineering /enterprise architecture/technology and solution designs
- Experience with four domains of architecture – business, application, data and technology.
- Good understanding of financing business, protocols and concepts and the implementation of business use cases
- Knowledge of end-to-end financial application. Experience in business process reengineering and financial data analysis
- Prior Experience cross-domain architects and leadership to create the best technical design and approach
- Ability to partner with software engineers to focus on best practices, particularly regarding coding standards and resiliency
- Working knowledge of Agile and Dev Ops best practices and processes
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and influence with leadership, technical and non-technical audiences while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.