Sr Engineer, Software - Security Solutions ( Operations)Apply now
What you'll do in your role.
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently develop a full software stack. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Interact with architects and principal engineers to define system requirements and ensure systems meet reliability, availability, maintenance and performance.
- Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by developing software solutions, conducting tests and inspections and preparing reports and calculations.
- Innovation: Contributes to designs that implement new ideas which improve an existing or new system/process/service. Contributes to designs that implement new ideas which utilize new frameworks to improve an existing or new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing designs and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Posesses security knowledge and experience that will foster new ideas for improving various faucets of security across the organization.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions. Expected to lead base and associate level engineers.
- Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology options that support business goals.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Creates clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption and consideration at the manager level. Understands the protection of company Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
- Creates, manages, and uses dashboard for continuous monitoring, alerting and health check of applications, and the underlying infrastructure, improving the quality of services using the monitoring feedback.
- Ownership of the incident management response process, lessons learned, and corrective action follow-up for Security Solutions products and is ready to lead/facilitate production outage calls/issues when required.
- Lead efforts to continually improve performance and reliability for Security Solutions products
- Maintains technical skills and expertise through continued education and training.
- Responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
The experience you'll bring.
- 5-7 years Technical engineering experience. Knowledge and practical experience with engineering techniques for developing and maintaining software systems whose reliability can be quantitatively evaluated.
- Knowledge of Scripting tools :Python/Perl/Shell/HTML/PHP.
- Knowledge of federal & compliance regulations e.g. SOX, PCI & CPNI
- 2-4 years Reliability and Performance engineering experience.
- 2-4 years Experience working in a large enterprise
- 1-2 years DevOps or SRE experience
- Experience writing basic documentation on how technology works: Creates clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption at the manager level.
SAFe Certified DevOps
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP): CISSP and/or CCSK and/or CCSP and/or CISA/CISM certification a plus
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position who is based in Colorado is generally within the range of [$50,000 to $ 125,000 for annual base salary]. The successful candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors, such as work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range. Employees are eligible for a year-end bonus based on company and/or individual performance and which is set at a percentage of an employee’s eligible earnings in the prior year
Req ID: 158919BR
Department: Information Technology
Travel Required: No
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Equal Employment Opportunity
T-Mobile U.S. Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is America’s supercharged Un-carrier, delivering an advanced 4G LTE and transformative nationwide 5G network that will offer reliable connectivity for all. T-Mobile’s customers benefit from its unmatched combination of value and quality, unwavering obsession with offering them the best possible service experience and undisputable drive for disruption that creates competition and innovation in wireless and beyond. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile, Metro by T-Mobile and Sprint. For more information please visit: http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.