Sr Product OwnerApply now
As a Sr PO, you will define and refine our user stories; prioritizing the Agile Team backlog to streamline execution of product (program) priorities while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of features for the team. In this capacity the PO remains highly available to the Dev teams during each iteration (sprint) in order to answer real time questions and provide clarity to user stories. PO also drives refinement activities with the goal of ensuring the team backlog contains 2 iterations worth of 'ready' work for Dev team. These two functions are essential to enabling Dev teams to improve and maintain high velocity / efficiency in iteration (sprint) execution.
The Senior PO also plays a key part in our quality control; we empower our PO team to accept stories as done, ensuring the acceptance criteria has been met. You will develop significant relationships and responsibilities outside of the specific Agile team, including working with Product Management, who manages the Product (Program) Backlog, with a strong focus on quality, measurable end user-experiences.
What you'll do in your role.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer experience at a tactical and transaction level.
- Builds and maintains Agile (Scrum / Sprint) team backlog with input from various team members
- Collaborate with Agile teams and business owners to write user stories and requirements that include acceptance criteria and acceptance tests.
- Reviews and prioritizes the backlog for Iteration (Sprint) Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other PO's.
- Reviews and assesses enabler work, understands scope of the upcoming enabler work and collaborates with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the technical infrastructures.
- Be the primary resource to Technical (Dev) team and Business team for user story details.
- Leads and maintains efficient flow of user story refinement activities throughout team execution.
- Participates in team demo with primary responsibility of reviewing and accepting completed user stories. The PO is the only team member who can accept as done! This includes validation that stories meet the acceptance criteria and team’s Definition of Done (DoD).
- Participates in Iteration Retrospective, where teams gather to improve their processes. Also actively supports the Agile Release Train (ART).
- The PO has an instrumental role in producing the demo for program partners.
- Coordinates user story, functional, and technical details with other Product Owners throughout each iteration and Program Increment. This is often done in weekly PO/ART sync meetings.
Relationship & People, Professional Development
- Develops positive relationships with Business groups, technical and non-technical teams, including sales, operations, marketing, legal, go-to-market, pricing strategy, and more.
- Develops professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; participates in professional societies.
- Actively participates in T-Mobile Product Owner/Manager Community of Practice (COP)
The experience you'll bring.
6+ years of relevant Product Management, Product Owner, Business Analyst, and System Analyst or Architecture/Software Engineer experience in an agile software product development environment. Advanced level understanding of customer experience.
- Technical Writing: Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- Agile Project Management: Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- User Experience: Experience with successive elaboration and ability to develop Initiatives, Features and User Stories that the DevOps teams can ingest
- Proven track record to effectively and efficiently connect with Leadership, technical and non-technical audiences while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Strong business analytical skills with the capability of identifying, analyzing, synthesizing product use data.
· Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO) preferred.
· 2+ years supporting CRM systems (Salesforce.com) and selling motions strongly preferred.
· Salesforce Admin, Consultant of similar preferred.
Req ID: 160219BR
Department: Information Technology
Travel Required: Yes
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
Equal Employment Opportunity
T-Mobile U.S. Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is America’s supercharged Un-carrier, delivering an advanced 4G LTE and transformative nationwide 5G network that will offer reliable connectivity for all. T-Mobile’s customers benefit from its unmatched combination of value and quality, unwavering obsession with offering them the best possible service experience and undisputable drive for disruption that creates competition and innovation in wireless and beyond. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile, Metro by T-Mobile and Sprint. For more information please visit: http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.