Sr Corporate CounselApply now
If you pride yourself on excellence, are a strategic thinker, drafter and proven negotiator -- and you have an unwavering passion for technology, then apply today to help us disrupt Big Cable and Satellite TV (aka America’s #1 most hated industry) on behalf of customers everywhere. This is TV for the mobile age . . . learn more here.
T-Mobile has consistently been recognized as a Best Place to Work thanks to our crew of diverse, multi-talented self starters who are ready to go go go… And T-Mobile is recognized as a best place to work for LGBTQ employee by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index five years in a row. A designated Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly for eleven years running. And with a 100% score on the Disability Equality Index, our diversity across gender, race and ideas drives us forward.
What you'll do in your role.
- Draft, review and negotiate a range of agreements, including technology transactions, content licensing and customized strategic partnerships.
- Bring high speed internet to customers by drafting and negotiating agreements with a wide variety of partners to facilitate T-Mobile’s super high speed 5G fixed broadband services, including power companies, cable companies, municipalities, and others that can enable fiber & backhaul and new wireless site deployments.
- Embrace the urgency to solve unanticipated issues and provide general business counsel in a rapidly changing television and media landscape.
- Master an understanding of T-Mobile’s content rights portfolio, distribution systems and new media platforms.
- Rigorously analyze deal structures and advise on strategy, costs, operations, regulatory and other information relating to T-Mobile’s Home + Entertainment strategy, products and services.
- Negotiate and draft complex term sheets and content partnership deals that remain true to the spirit of partnership.
- Strategic advice and counsel to T-Mobile’s Home + Entertainment leadership team, executives and senior members of the Legal Department regarding a wide variety of matters such as content acquisition and operations, product features and DRM security requirements, copyright, marketing, and packaging and regulatory matters related to content distribution.
- Partner with T-Mobile’s procurement and legal team on drafting contracts and other issues related to privacy, terms and conditions, hardware features, warranties, liability and functionality, etc.
At T-Mobile you can #BeYou as a member of this T-Mobile (Legal Dept Name) team! For more information about T-Mobile culture and the Un-carrier commitment to company values check out this video clip at www.t-mobile.com/careers/culture-and-benefits.
Diversity is in our DNA!
ARE YOU WITH US?
The experience you'll bring.
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school. Admission to a state bar.
- Extensive knowledge of, and high degree of aptitude at drafting, complex commercial agreements and strategic partnerships.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends, technologies and emerging platforms.
- 7+ years of experience, ideally with several years at a law firm and several years in an in house role. The ideal candidate would have worked with a telecommunications or pay-tv company.
- Confident ability to apply knowledge and business judgement to make independent decisions in a high-volume, fast paced environment.
- Team player with excellent written, verbal communication, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Highly organized and ability to manage high-caliber deals with tight deadlines.
- Results oriented emerging leader with maturity to counsel senior leaders and executive management.
- Unquestionable integrity and candor; superior analytical & strategic ability; proven negotiation and drafting skills.
- Passion for learning and collaboration across various internal teams, curiosity, and willingness to take initiative.
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.