Director, Portfolio EconomicsApply now
What you'll do in your role.
- Develop and maintain the primary customer lifetime value models leveraged to compare products and investments across the T-Mobile enterprise
- Develop unique methods of analysis (where orthodox approaches fail to yield results) to model and maintain estimates for individual subscribers for all of T-Mobile’s products, for both new and existing customers
- Consult analysts across the company regarding their economic analysis to ensure accuracy and consistency of methodology
- Build optimization models to evaluate business opportunities in marketing and media investment across products and channels to maximize the firm’s portfolio valuation
- Publish the enterprise report summarizing the value of customers and products across different meaningful segments, both historically and presently
- Assist in designing and implementing business intelligence systems by translating business requirements into technical specifications, developing test environments, and performing system quality control
- Recruit, lead, and retain a team of highly motivated managers/senior managers
The experience you'll bring.
- 7-10 years of experience with corporate strategy, management consulting, portfolio management, or financial analysis
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams that deliver against multiple priorities simultaneously; ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated capability to conceptualize and oversee sophisticated hypothesis- and data-driven analysis
- Ability to translate customer needs and insights into actionable business levers
- Excellent problem solving, business communication, organizational influence skills, and experience working in cross-functional teams
- Proficient in financial analytics, strategic frameworks, and competitive analysis
- Strong knowledge of data visualization and statistics; SQL skills and knowledge of statistical tools such as R and SAS preferred
- Comfort with ambiguity and fluid client situations
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering, or similar required; Advanced degree strongly preferred
- Previous experience managing marketing analytics function preferred
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.