Dir, Entertainment Product Marketing & Strategy, Emerging SegmentsApply now
Product Marketing and Strategy Director will lead a team of Product Marketing and strategy managers to develop plans to drive incremental growth in the Entertainment segment, including video, games, music and advertising. Management of new and
existing relationships will require working across multiple groups at T-Mobile, in addition to external business partners within the Entertainment industry. This position offers a unique set of opportunities at the convergence of the Media, Technology,
Telecommunications and Consumer Electronics and a chance to influence the evolution of this fast-moving sector.
This position can be in either Bellevue, Washington or Overland Park, KS. Other locations will be considered to address unique circumstances.
What you'll do in your role.
- Conduct high-level creative thinking and strategic visioning with respect to both existing Entertainment products as well as white space areas.
- For existing entertainment products, constantly evolve the longer-term vision to ensure T-Mobile’s products and services continue to deliver innovative and customer first experiences.
- Working across T-Mobile and industry leaders, develop innovative product visions within the music, gaming and other digital segments.
- Develop strategic and business plans to achieve product visions, including comprehensive market and competitive landscapes, evaluation of T-Mobile abilities to innovate in the space and routes to market, including assessment of build, buy or partner solutions.
- Establish and maintain winning value-proposition for all entertainment product solutions that support the financial objectives of the business, ensuring pricing and promotions reflect target subscriber economics and margins.
- Evaluate Entertainment content trends and opportunities and evolve content strategy to maximize consumer value propositions.
- Manage the Entertainment Product Marketing group, including recruiting/hiring, training/development, mentoring, performance appraisal and compensation.
- Develop KPIs across the Entertainment businesses to monitor performance and achievement of goals.
- Source and manage behavioral data, including usage, price elasticity and consumption to influence product evolution.
- Serve as the key liaison with product teams to develop and refine product offerings to deliver innovative services, including advanced features and functionality.
- Responsible for achieving Advertising targets across Entertainment products and services.
- Build and maintain in-depth relationships with business unit leaders across T-Mobile to facilitate development, launch and growth of incremental business opportunities.
- Advise on key strategic activities, including financial analysis, due diligence, deal structuring, contract terms and negotiation.
The experience you'll bring.
- Experienced Director who has a proven track record of leading teams that deliver sustained, top-performing sales results; must have 10 years of progressive management experience in sales management
- Must have a proven track record of driving sustained top-performing results
- At least 5 years of progressive people leadership, including experience leading people managers
- Bachelor’s degree desired; MBA is a plus
- Experienced managing capital, operating expense, and labor budgets
- Must have background in sales, retail, business development and operations
- Experience establishing and directing strategic plans and objectives with a successful track record of influencing senior leaders and business units to achieve common goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong strategic planning skills in a complex environment
- Possess a valid driver's license
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- 10+ years of increasingly senior Product Marketing, strategy or entrepreneurial experience, with a majority in media & technology companies.
- Experience developing, managing or growing subscription-based consumer facing products or services.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in digital media, including video, game, music and IoT monetization, across various business models, distribution channels and windows.
- Deep knowledge in digital advertising, including architecture, technologies and paths to monetization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative consumer facing entertainment products and services that excite and delight.
- Experience managing and developing a team of talented, driven and well-educated staff.
- Deep relationships with major media and technology companies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver concise storytelling presentations.
- Master’s degree or MBA with an emphasis in Marketing, Business, Finance or Strategy from well-regarded institution preferred; Bachelor’s degree required.
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.