Director, Digital OperationsApply now
This position can be located in Bellevue, WA, Overland Park, KS, or Reston, VA.
The Digital Operations team is accountable for content & catalog updates across the T-Mobile digital channels and brands, driving incremental business value every day. This team authors and publishes content using Adobe Experience Manager as well as an automated translation platform. On the catalog side, the team is responsible for business operations and configuration of our product catalogs, including hard goods (devices and accessories) as well as soft goods (rate plans and services).
Digital Operations is an ever-evolving field, where technologies and talent profiles are changing. At all levels, it is expected that team members have a growth mindset and be open to learning. Digital Operations operates by Lean and continuous improvement principles, delivering on time, with quality and exceeding customer satisfaction standards.
The Director, Digital Operations is is expected to challenge current practices to drive improvement, leveraging industry best practices, as well as inspire a growth mindset amongst their team.
The Director, Digital Operations will be responsible for designing strategies in their area of expertise and build business cases to drive new investments and change. They must have a strong business acumen, particularly in how to drive cost efficiency within their business. The Director will have accountability and impact in driving transformation of the organization from reactive execution to a Center of Excellence with a focus on scalability, automation, governance and standardization.
What you'll do in your role.
- Build and manage relationships with key partners, including our customers (Digital Marketing, Digital Experience) and delivery partners (Product & Technology, Creative & UX).
- Lead vision for Operations Center of Excellence, driving standardization, automation and operational excellence.
- Effectively communicate and influence to action external partners, vendors, and executive audiences.
- Accountable for the full portfolio of budgets, vendors and contracts within the team, ensuring that any vendor partners are delivering maximum value to the organization and organization operates with fiscal responsibility.
- Create impact through personal confidence, expertise and authority. Inspire trust with partners through empathy and be open to and provide constructive feedback.
- Accountable for setting the agenda and the example for talent and people management for the team. Work with direct reports on their own personal development plans, as well as provide tools and opportunities to improve the people management skills of their direct reports.
The Digital organization has a stated objective of building a culture of adaptive change to support and empower our teams to transform our customer experiences. The Director, Digital Operations, will be accountable as part of the Digital leadership team in helping build an adaptive culture. This objective includes a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and active efforts to dismantle systemic inequities.
The experience you'll bring.
- 10+ years of experience in digital product, digital marketing, strategy and transformation.
- 10+ years of people management experience.
- 5+ years of resource management and demonstrated success in delivering process efficiency/ cost efficiency.
- Experience driving adaptive cultural change.
- Experience with digital operations and content production.
- Subject matter expertise in lean six sigma, agile or other continuous improvement practices.
- Bachelors degree in fields such as computer science, marketing or UX/design.
- MBA or equivalent preferred.
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Adaptive leadership
- Growth mindset
- Extreme ownership
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.