Director, Retail Format - SignatureApply now
S/he will lead the introduction of best-in-retail experiences, services, and initiatives through production, planning, execution, and evaluation working cross functionally with field and support teams to ensure launches with excellence within timeline and budget.
This leader will evaluate holistic performance against key sales, experience, and brand measures as defined in the format value proposition considering impacts at the experience, store, and market level; making evidence-based recommendations and evangelizing format needs in response to gaps in performance, process opportunities, or product necessities.
This leader will drive business impacting decision making and critical issue resolution and response across field sales, support teams, and other related organizations.
Format Strategy –
Translate strategy into format specific priorities, build a holistic roadmap inclusive of physical, human, digital and rotational initiatives, and identify & interpret unique performance measures aligned to the format value proposition.
- Expert understanding of retail format and portfolio strategies as designed by Retail Experience organization.
- Guide format direction in combination with strategy, format-specific execution and experience knowledge, key business objectives, and a deep understanding of format performance trends.
- Advise ongoing strategy evaluation and development exercises as formats mature.
What you'll do in your role.
Guide and own the progression of complex business strategies from initial strategy or concept brief through concept and production to format launch, execution, and evaluation. This operating model requires productive relationships with both internal and external teams. Internal partners include procurement, store design, visual merchandising, brand, corporate and regional event teams, and field operations teams, etc. External support may include creative, production, and event agencies.
- Lead a team responsible for the creation and maintenance of a dynamic format roadmap reflecting planned seasonal campaigns, corporate and local events, rotational programming, shifts/changes in service design, introduction of new digital initiatives, and additional business priorities as necessary.
Executive Partnerships –
Executive point of contact for the store format, responsible for all executive leadership, support team, and frontline correspondence.
- Executive leadership includes Field Sales Senior Vice President, Area Vice President, Market Director as well as support team leadership and is directly responsible for responses and resolution.
- As the resource and advocate for field format leadership team, the Director and is responsible for directing frontline issues, inquiries, and feedback to appropriate support teams and using/establishing relationships to ensure resolution, consideration, or process/policy change outcomes.
- Challenge current processes and influence leaders cross functionally to elevate the in-store experience through powerful evidence-based recommendations.
- Format authority to operations, support, and product teams, representing the format in Director and above planning and steering sessions.
- Provide format specific recommendations (e.g. inventory, compensation, visual merchandising) based in firsthand knowledge of the intended format experiences (customer and frontline) as well as performance against key sales, experience, and operational metrics.
Field Execution –
Build relationships spending time with frontline teams, collecting valuable experience and execution data through direct observation, inspection, and frontline dialogue.
- Ensure the physical, human, and digital elements collectively serve the occasions bringing customers to the locations and create a best-in-retail customer experience to exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure excellence across all areas of operations; merchandising, inventory management, labor, cash handling, etc.
- Take immediate action as required, review with business owners (field and support teams) through executive summaries and quarterly business reviews and incorporate insights into format priorities and action plans.
Measuring and Evaluating Performance Management –
Review a suite of sales, operations, and experience results at the experience, store and market level comparing outcomes against the defined value proposition for the format. This data will be available across dashboards, reporting, and insight platforms for review and analysis. This may include new sources of data based upon format specific experiences i.e. digital engagement or learning tools or format specific analytic capabilities i.e. video analytics or dwell time.
- Combining data with direct observation and format feedback this leader will distill insights for immediate review to identify positive experience drivers and/or customer experience, execution, and operational gaps which will require evidence-based recommendations.
- Inform long term planning, strategy, and decision making.
- Create and distribute format performance and insights summaries shared weekly, monthly, and quarterly to an audience of senior and executive leaders across the organization.
- Build a cross functional culture of continuous evaluation and information sharing while building test and learn capabilities.
The experience you'll bring.
- Strength in balancing high visibility priorities.
- Inspirational leader motivating and inspiring internal and external partners to deliver best-in-retail experiences.
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonally and systemically, clearly articulating the direction and vision of organization.
- Ability to influence across all levels of the organization
- Strength in relationship building across business and organizational boundaries.
- Extensive knowledge of operational processes and format-specific policies and procedures.
- Strong leader that compels people.
- Skilled professional with the ability to conceive, communicate, and implement problem resolution strategies.
- Creator of a vision for a team.
- Outstanding personal integrity and business ethics motivated by high performance standards.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to do, fix or implement whatever is necessary to improve performance.
- Expert at balancing the resources necessary to produce desired outcomes; tracks and monitors performance.
- High level of intelligence with a keen analytical mind and clear intellectual curiosity.
- Change agent and transformational leader.
- Ambitious leader with the ability to deliver difficult messages while painting vision.
Check your commute.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.