Sr Designer, Instructional (Technology Training & Development)Apply now
This position can be based out of any T-Mobile office location, Remote work / work from home is an option (but must work within 50 miles of a T-Mobile office for occasional office visits.
As a Sr. Instructional Designer you will manage all key aspects of the instructional design process, from project scoping and planning through course deployment and evaluation. In some cases you will facilitate the design process leading other designers, and in some cases you will be directly responsible for project-managing the design effort. Communicating with appropriate departments among all functional areas regarding project material, subject matter, and deadlines is a requirement of the Sr. Instructional Designer Position.
Enterprise Skills You'll Use Every Day
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, critical thinking, relationship building & influencing.
What you'll do in your role.
- Manage multiple design projects using sound project management tools and methodologies
- Represent cross-functional teams in systems implementation at an enterprise level
- Secure content from vendors, engineering, and other parties as needed for course development
- Review, edit and re-design existing curriculum as needed
- Design, pilot and launch new curriculum as needed
- Proactively seek new ways to manage train the trainer roll outs, and conduct program effectiveness reviews
- Work with subject matter experts to proactively partner to obtain and validate courseware content
- Effectively implement training solutions.
- Establish relationships with various stakeholders to ensure timely response to training needs.
- Work with members of the system implementation team to meet design goals efficiently, effectively, and within the specified time frame and budget while exceeding stake holders_ expectations
- Offer performance consulting solutions and strategies
- Manage vendor relationships for long-term partnership
- Proactively introduce new training tools and concepts into the training development process. This includes interactive video and audio.
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
The experience you'll bring.
- 4-7 years Instructional Design experience.
- ADDIE and/or Agile experience
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project.
- xAPI experience
- GSM, Telecommunications, UMTS, Wireless knowledge
- Agile development experience
- Bachelors Degree
Req ID: 154920BR
Travel Required: Yes
Position(s) remaining: 1
Check your commute.
Other Available locations.
Overland Park, KS
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
We fully foot the tuition bill at five online universities (FT only), and provide tuition assistance to other schools for FT and PT employees.
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry. We also hook you up with discount programs for everyday stuff.
Help with the fam
Families rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy are big decisions. We offer financial and wellness support to help reduce those burdens and navigate the details.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount.
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.